You’ll love this easy chorizo sausage recipe if you love authentic Mexican food. It’s a great way to add flavor and variety to your favorite dishes. You can use it in tacos, burritos, quesadillas, and more.
Use Chorizo to Create Delicious Homemade Traditional Mexican Dishes
Mexican chorizo, usually a deep reddish color, is most commonly made with pork, paprika, and other spices. Its flavorful ingredients turn average meals into authentic and exotic Mexican dishes.
In some cities, it can be found at the supermarket, but in most places, one would have to go to a store selling Mexican cuisine or ingredients. Try out one of these delicious recipes using Mexican chorizo.
Easy Chorizo Breakfast Scramble
Ditch the sweet stuff for your next breakfast and try an easy-to-make and savory chorizo scramble.
- 1/2 Cup cooked chorizo (crumbled)
- 2 Beaten eggs
- 1/4 cup shredded jack or Mexican queso
- 2 Tablespoons canned, diced green chiles
- 1 Teaspoon finely chopped cilantro
- 1 Onion diced
- 1/2 Teaspoon oil or lard
- Sour cream (optional)
- Hot sauce (optional)
- Avocado slices (optional)
- Warm the oil or lard in a medium-sized pan.
- Add the beaten eggs and scramble.
- When the eggs are almost done, add the chorizo, chiles, cilantro, onion, and cheese.
- Remove from pan when eggs are fully cooked.
- If desired, top with sour cream, hot sauce, and slices of avocado.
Bean and Chorizo Dip
This dip goes great with a fresh tortilla or corn chips wrapped in a warm tortilla.
- 1/2 Lb Chorizo
- 1 Large chopped onion
- 2 16oz cans of refried beans
- 1 4oz can of chopped green chiles
- 1 Cup shredded jack cheese (can be replaced with Mexican queso)
- 1 Cup shredded cheddar cheese (can be replaced with Mexican queso)
- 1 Teaspoon of Chili powder (or to taste)
- Sour cream (optional)
- Crumble chorizo in a pan over heat and cook until the fat separates and gathers in the pan.
- Add the onions and cook until transparent. Drain the mixture.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and cook until it is hot and the cheeses are melted.
- Top with sour cream if desired.
- Serve with corn or tortilla chips or warm tortillas.
Simple Chorizo and Cheese Quesadilla
Make this simple chorizo and cheese quesadilla for a quick and easy snack.
- 8oz of Mexican chorizo
- 2 Cloves of minced garlic
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1 Jalapeno pepper, finely chopped
- 1 Tablespoon of oil
- 2 Tablespoons of fresh cilantro
- 1 Cup shredded Monterey jack or Mexican queso
- Flour tortillas
- In a medium, pan cooks the chorizo, onion, and garlic until the onion is translucent.
- Drain off the fat.
- Stir in the jalapeno peppers
- Combine cheese and cilantro and sprinkle over the chorizo mixture.
- Place the mixture between two tortillas.
- Heat the filled tortillas in a well-oiled pan for a few minutes on each side.
- Cook until the cheese has melted and the tortillas are well browned on each side.
For an exotic Latin dish, try one of these delicious chorizo recipes.