If you are looking for a new oven, have you considered getting a convection one? Convection ovens are great for people looking to cook more than just one dish at a time.
They use hot air to circulate the food, cooking it evenly throughout. They also don’t take up as much space as traditional ovens.
Convection ovens have been shown to retain moisture in the food better and make it crispier on the outside.
Here are 5 of the best convection oven reviews available today.
Table of Contents
5 Best convection ovens reviewed
Whether you are a novice or an experienced chef, the following best countertop convection ovens will enable you to prepare a variety of delectable but nutritious dishes.
With its sophisticated heating element and stable temperature, a convection oven outperforms a traditional oven. Here are the best convection ovens on the market today.
Breville smart convection toaster oven
Due to its innovative Element IQ System and nine cooking options, the Breville Smart Convection Toaster Oven is one of the finest convection toaster ovens.
This convection toaster oven of the future has an appealing, simple design. The exterior is made of stainless steel and has elegant knobs and handles.
Also, the inside is covered with a nonstick substance for easy cleaning.
The inside is 18.5 x 15.7 x 11.1 inches and is large enough to hold six bread pieces, six muffin trays, and a 13-inch pizza.
You may use the preset functions on the right side to alter the temperature, time, and power.
On its extra-large LCD, you can view the current settings. Additionally, you may adjust the LCD lighting from orange to blue to suit your needs.
- Large capacity
- One-year warranty
- Readable LCD display
- Nine pre-programmed cooking modes
- 9 cooking modes with warm settings for various recipes
- Element IQ heating technology, making it warm and cool quickly
- With intelligent convection settings than lessens cooking time by 30%
- With will insulated exterior and sliding magnetic rack door for added safety
- Comes with necessary attachments: nonstick pizza pan, an enamel baking pan and broil rack.
- Heavy at 7.7 kg
- Expensive & Hefty
Wolf gourmet elite digital countertop convection toaster oven
Since the early 1930s, Wolf has invented dependable kitchen equipment to automate the cooking process in restaurants and households.
Wolf Gourmet Elite Digital Countertop Convection Toaster Oven, introduced in 2018, is a relatively new toaster oven featuring seven cooking settings.
Additionally, indoor lighting, perfect temperature control, and energy economy are included.
This all-in-one convection toaster oven is the finest tiny convection oven thanks to its accurate temperature probe that measures up to 550F degrees. It has a brushed stainless-steel exterior and brightly colored knobs.
The probe functionality is accessed by putting the probe jack into the oven wall and the probe’s other ends into the food.
The 1.1 cubic feet of the interior cooking area is sufficient to fit a 9 x 13-inch dish or 5 12 pounds of chicken. To assist in loading and unloading, the rack slides outside the oven.
The inside chamber of the Wolf Gourmet toaster oven is nonstick, making it easy to clean with a clean, damp towel. Additionally, the dishwasher-safe slide-out crumb tray is included.
- Interior illumination
- Two easy-glide racks
- Has 7 cooking modes
- Five heating elements
- Precise temperature control
- Five-year guaranteed warranty
- Allows temperature monitoring without opening the door
- With timer and “stay on’ function, automatically shutting it off
- Comes with an easy-to-read LCD display that shows the temperature and timing.
- It is somewhat heavy
- The interior volume is just 0.7 cubic feet.
Oster digital countertop convection oven extra large
This multi-purpose convection oven has a spacious and easy-to-clean interior big enough to accommodate a family-sized chicken.
It has digital settings for pizza, broiling, toasting, defrosting, and baking. Using digital controls, you may pick your favorite cooking method.
Additionally, you may alter the temperature and timing by using the up and down arrows.
The Oster convection oven’s temperature range is 200F to 450F degrees. The door is glass, allowing you to see the cooking process without opening it. You may easily open the door beyond 90 degrees without encountering any resistance.
This sleek convection oven is crafted from brushed stainless steel and glass to complement your contemporary kitchen’s interior design. It is around 24 x 21.5 x 16.7 inches, which makes it a larger device with a larger footprint on the countertop.
The inside cooking area is large enough to fit two 16-inch pizzas, a full chicken for a family of four, or 14 pieces of toast.
- Internal lightings
- Digital control panel
- With user-friendly digital interface
- Has timer for automatic shut down
- Two oven racks, including crumb tray
- Easy to clean because it does not have knobs or dials
- Timer can be set for 90 minutes and the oven will automatically shut down to save electricity.
- Slow toasting
- Overheating of the exterior
- Glass door is sensitive, may collapse with excessive force use
Toshiba countertop microwave oven with convection
This small convection oven is around 21.8 x 21.5 x 13 inches and has a big turntable measuring 13.6 inches. It has a 1.5-cubic-foot internal capacity to cook pizza, bread, muffins, beef, chicken, and turkey breasts.
With its stainless-steel finish and pre-programmed sensor menu, the Toshiba Countertop Microwave Oven with Convection is the ideal blend of design and high-tech functionality.
It is a multi-functional convection oven with integrated microwave functions.
It has sensor-based cooking, an auto menu with one-touch start buttons, and a warming function. The auto menu is located just above the keypad on the right side.
The three buttons let you choose between convection alone, microwave solely, or a combination of the two.
When convection mode is selected, you may use the internal grill rack. Among the other cooking choices are favorites: auto bake, warm hold, time defrost, and sensor cook.
The warm hold option may keep your dishes warm for up to 99 minutes before serving.
- LED cavity light
- Warm-hold feature
- Stainless steel finish
- One-touch popcorn button
- Easy to clean and rust resistant with its stainless-steel finish
- Has energy-saving Eco-mode for saving up to 50% of electricity
- Automatically adjust temperature with 13 auto options for smart sensor
- With numeric keypad which allows you to choose from 10 different power levels
COSORI toaster oven air fryer combo
The COSORI Air Fryer Toaster Oven Combo has an air fryer function that allows for the preparation of delectable but nutritious meals by removing up to 85 percent of the fat in typical fried cuisine.
Bagel, bread, bake, ferment, roast, air fry, pizza, toast, dehydrate, broil, cookies, and rotisserie are among the 12 offered culinary presets.
This extra-sized air fryer toaster oven combo is big enough to accommodate six pieces of toast, a 13-inch pizza, or five pounds of chicken.
Additionally, you may regulate the temperature between 80F and 450F degrees. The exterior has a stainless steel finish and a double-layered glass door.
The oven door is glided open using a large handlebar on the top. Additionally, the right side has a digital display and additional control knobs.
COSORI air fryer oven combo has five heating components that distribute heat evenly for reliable cooking results.
Not only that but each of the three metal frying racks may be repositioned or removed. This allows for the storage of bigger food items or the cooking of several food items on all of the racks.
- LED screen
- Internal light
- Large cooking capacity
- 12-in-1 cooking settings
- User-friendly dial controls
- Large cooking capacity of 30L/32 quartz
- Comes with the necessary attachments: A crumb tray, a food tray, a wire rack, a fry basket, and rotisserie attachments
- Flimsy dials
- Not dishwasher safe
- Additional cooking time required for bagel and toast modes
What You Need to Know About Convection Ovens
Looking to cut down your cooking time and energy bills? A convection oven might just be the answer to your culinary dreams. Packed with features that make cooking a breeze, this kitchen gadget is more than just a fancy addition to your countertop. Here’s your comprehensive guide to understanding convection ovens, from their unique cooking mechanism to choosing the right one for your kitchen.
What is a Convection Oven?
A convection oven, unlike a traditional oven, uses a fan to circulate hot air, ensuring even temperature distribution. This means your food cooks uniformly and 25% faster. Let’s delve into how it works and what sets it apart from regular ovens.
How Does it Work?
- Efficient Air Circulation: A convection oven has an extra heating element and a fan, ensuring uniform cooking.
- Even Cooking: No more overcooking the top of your cake! Every rack gets the same amount of heat.
- Energy Efficiency: You’ll cook faster at lower temperatures, saving energy and money.
How to Use a Convection Oven?
Using a convection oven is pretty straightforward, but here’s a step-by-step guide to get you started:
- Prepare your meal in a shallow dish for better air circulation.
- Arrange the inside racks with proper spacing.
- Preheat the oven to the required temperature.
- Set the timings 25% faster than a standard oven.
Note: Be cautious with delicate sweets like custards or souffles as they might not cook evenly. Many ovens allow you to turn off the fan for such delicate baking.
The Benefits of Purchasing a Convection Oven
Convection ovens offer some unique advantages over traditional ones:
- Even Cooking: No more rotating trays and pans.
- Energy Saver: Cook faster at lower temperatures.
- Versatility: From crisping to browning, convection ovens do it all.
Factors to Consider When Choosing the Best Convection Oven
Picking the right convection oven depends on many factors, including:
- Dimensions and Capacity: Choose the largest oven that fits your space.
- True Convection vs Convection: True convection offers more precise temperature control.
- Countertop vs Wall-mounted: Consider your space and cooking needs.
- Heating Features: Look for additional features like air fry, rotisserie, or steam.
- Energy Conservation: A higher-wattage oven cooks faster and saves energy.
- Price and Maintenance: Balance quality and price, and look for user-friendly features.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is an air fryer the same as a convection oven?
An air fryer is a smaller version of a convection oven.
What should I avoid cooking in my convection oven?
Delicate dishes like souffles might not cook well due to circulating air.
What kind of cookware is compatible?
Ceramic, glass, aluminum, or clay cookware works well.
Convection ovens are versatile, energy-efficient, and time-saving kitchen gadgets. Understanding their working mechanism, benefits, and how to choose the right one can transform your cooking experience. Happy cooking!
Last update on 2023-12-07 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
This post contains affiliate links, which means I may receive a small commission, at no extra cost to you, if you make a purchase using these links.