Whether you love cooking hamburgers, grilling meat, or making sauces, having a gas grill at home is essential.
When buying gas grills, you may be faced with a variety of options ranging from differing sizes, prices and material construction.
This can be overwhelming.
As a rule of thumb, stay away from cheap yet non-durable products.
This can cost you more in the long run due to repairs and maintenance.
We collated a buyer’s guide to help you in purchasing a durable and long-lasting gas grill.
Best long-lasting and durable grills
Here are the top gas grills that tick most, if not all, the features and capabilities mentioned above.
Dyna-Glo smart space living 3-burner LP gas grill
- Easy push button electronic pulse ignition system ensures quick start-up; 390 sq in of primary cooking space; 507 sq in of total cooking space.
- (2) Heavy gauge porcelain enameled cast iron cooking grates retain heat to sear foods and lock in foods natural juices
- (3) Stainless steel commercial grade straight burners for performance and durability (3) Steel Heat tents protect the burners and flavor foods
This 22.82” x 49.14” x 45.04” is the most durable gas grill you can find in the market today. With a 509 square inches total cooking surface, it boasts a high-performance and easy-to-start grill.
With a weight of 76 pounds, you get three gas grills with a 36 000 BTUS total power output.
This gas grill is powered by propane and with a cast-iron skillet that transfers heat to your food, enhancing your food’s natural juices. You need not worry about your veggies or bun getting cold while you are grilling because it also comes with a warning sack to keep these warm.
You can also add storage for your utensils and tools because it comes with an integrated tool hook. If you do not want to add hooks for storage, you can use the foldable left and side tables which can hold 25 pounds.
- Stainless thermometer
- Can fit in limited outdoor spaces
- Very durable at a reasonable price
- Easy to open with its comfortable handle
- Burner grills made of powder-coated stainless steel
- Double-walled hood lid for better heat retention
- Better heat retention with its porcelain-enamel finish
- Easy-to-start with its electro-pulse ignition system which can be pushed through a button
- Greased pan may quickly rust
Weber genesis II S-435 burner stainless steel natural grass grill
- This product is a Natural Gas unit and you must have Natural Gas plumbed out to your patio or deck to be able to use this grill; If you do not have Natural Gas plumbed, please look at our selection of Propane barbecues
- GS4 high performance grilling system featuring infinity ignition, high-performance burners, stainless steel flavorizer bars and a grease management system
- 4 stainless steel high-performance burners, 1 side burner and 1 sear station burner deliver up to 69,000 BTUs of combined output
This stainless-steel natural gas grill is long lasting and durable. It has a combined power output of 69 000 BTUs distributed through its four high-performance burners constructed from stainless steel, a side burner and a rear station burner.
In terms of heat retention, it is superior because of its 7mm in diameter rod cooking grates made of solid stainless steel. It also has a high-performance ^S4 grilling system with easy-to-ignite capabilities.
With a weight of around 177 pounds and a dimension of 65”x 29”x 47”, it has a reducible cooking surface area of 844 square inches.
- Reasonable price
- Easy-to-start with its infinity ignition
- With grease management system for ease-of cleaning
- Large cooking surface area fit for large groups or families
- With iGrill of three apps compatibility for food monitoring through phone
- Assembling may take time
Broil king regal s590 pro 5 burner natural gas grill
- MAKE THE PERFECT STEAK - with patented stainless steel Dual-Tube burners and the innovative Flav-R-Wave stainless steel cooking system, the Regal S590 Pro will give you even temperatures across the cooking surface ensuring juicy and delicious results
- DURABLE COOKING GRIDS - solid rod 9mm stainless steel cooking grids are up to 56% heavier than those in comparable grills, providing great heat retention and giving bold sear marks; stainless steel provides lasting durability so your grill is always ready
- COOKING VERSATILITY - 55,000 BTU main burner output and 625 sq. in. of primary cooking area ensure that you have power and space to cook for the whole family; a 10,000 BTU side burner and 15,000 BTU rear rotisserie burner let you cook more with your grill
This natural gas grill which is directly fueled by your home’s natural gas supply, is very durable and definitely an all-rounder. It has five patented dual-tube burners constructed from stainless steel, with a total power output of 55,000 BTUs.
It also has an innovative Flav-R-Wave cooking system, also constructed from stainless steel. It also has a side burner for pot or pan cooking and a rear burner suitable for a rotisserie kit, with a power output of 10,000 BTUs and 15,000 BTUs respectively.
It weighs around 214 pounds with a 62.5 in x 24.8 in x 49.2 dimensions and large primary cooking area of 625 sq. In. fit for large families and groups.
- Stainless steel ensures decades-worth of longevity
- Comes with solid stainless-steel d 9 mm rod cooking grids
- Ease of navigation in the knobs because of illuminated LED lights
- Can produce bold sear marks with its great heat retention capacity
- Has a large two-door cabinets, built-in racks and trays for equipment storage
- Electric starter may have issues
Weber spirit E-310 3-burner gas grill
- This product is a Natural Gas unit and you must have Natural Gas plumbed out to your patio or deck to be able to use this grill; If you do not have Natural Gas plumbed, please look at our selection of Propane barbecues
- Natural gas grill with 10 year, 100 Percent Weber Guarantee, 10 foot flexible hose included ,Left table down width - 42 inches
- Boasts the Gs4 grilling system with improved infinity ignition, burners, porcelain-enameled Flavorizer Bars, and grease Management system
The Weber Spirit II- E-310 3-burner is one of the winners in terms of durability. Running out of gas in the middle of cooking won’t be a problem because this can be directly hooked up to your house’s natural gas line.
Drippings won’t also be an issue because cleaning is made easier with its disposable and removable drip tray. In terms of flavor, you’ll have smoky-flavored food, thanks to its flavorizer bars.
If you also want to switch between thick sear marks for your meat and thin sear marks for your sea food, you can choose between its reversible porcelain-enameled cast-iron cooking grates.
- Has two big wheels
- With GS4 grilling system
- With a 10-year warranty for its ignition
- Easy to start with its infinity ignition system
- Ease-of-cleaning with its grease management system
- Two side tables, one foldable for extra storage and the other with six tool hooks
- Hood depth needs improvement
- Model might be too large for those saving up on space
Kenmore Elite 4-Burner grill plus side burner
- Total cooking surface: 754 sq. in. (primary 580 sq. in. secondary 174 sq. in
- 4 Main burners 304 stainless steel 12,000 BTU ea. 1 cast iron side burner (12,000 BTU) Total BTU 60,000, Individual electronic ignition system
- Porcelain coated firebox with aluminum end caps, solid 8mm stainless steel cooking grates with heavy duty stainless steel heat diffusers
This grill made of 304 heavy-duty stainless steel is a great choice for those who hate assembling parts. It is 90% pre-assembled with handles made of stainless steel for ease of access.
It has a total cooking surface of 644 sq. with 580 sq. and 174 sq. for primary cooking and secondary cooking respectively.
With a 12,000 BTUs side-burner cooking power, and four burners at 13,000 BTUs power each, it will surely meet your grilling standards.
It is around 183 pounds in weight with 61.8 in x 27.1 in x 47.9 in dimension. It also has a tank tray which can be smoothly rolled out, and a firebox with porcelain coating.
- With 60,000 BTUs
- Regulator has a fuel gauge
- Stylish because of its metallic finish
- With powder-coated finish self-closing doors
- With battery powered LED lighting panel for night use
- Easy-to-move with its 3 inches heavy duty Swivel casters
- Ease-of-grilling starting because of the electronic ignition system
- Customer service need improvement
Char-Griller double play 3-burner gas and charcoal grill
- Charcoal and gas grill combo with 1260 square inches of cooking space
- 40,800 BTU gas grill with electronic ignition and 3 burners, 12,000 BTU side burner
- Adjustable grate height for temperature control; chrome-plated warming rack
This 62 in x 28 in x 50 in model is one of the flexible grills out there at just less than 500 dollars. You can switch between charcoal and gas depending on flavor and convenience needs.
With its less than 160 -pound weight, you can easily adjust the charcoal grate height for low and slow cooking or for hot searing. It has one side burner and three gas burners of 12,000 BTU and 40,800 BTUs power output respectively.
The side burner is for preparing sauces and side dishes, and is foldable for lesser space consumption. It has a total cooking area of 580 and 438 square inches for primary charcoal and gas cooking surface respectively.
You also get a grate lifter for ease of adding charcoal, plus a warning rock for its double-bottom constructed charcoal side.
- Comes with two wheels for ease of moving
- Easy-to-clean with its natural dump ash pan
- Easy-to-start with its electronic ignition system
- Gas and charcoal sides both have warming racks.
- With easy-to-clean porcelain-coated cast iron grates for heat retention
- Has a condiment basket and underneath shelf for added storage space
- Some components are high-maintenance
AOG American Outdoor natural gas grill
- 24 inch outdoor gas grill; "T" Series built in model
- (2) 16,000 BTU grill burners
- Complete 304 stainless steel construction
This 26.25 in x 28 in x 20.07 inches natural gas grill is constructed from 304 stainless steel making it rust-resistant, heavy-duty and very durable.
It has a weight of 105 pounds and 432 sq in of grilling surface area of (24 in x 18 in). With two heat zones or burners at 16,000 BTUs of power out each, you can cook up to four people’s meals at a time.
These stainless burners can also be used individually for single meal preparation.
Uneven heat distribution is not an issue because it has vaporizer bars that ensures there are no hot and cold zones. It also has a grill thermometer to easily monitor temperature may it be medium, medium low/high, or high heat.
- Has a warranty of 15 years
- Can choose between low or high cooking
- With a grill hold thermometer for temperature monitoring
- With a rapid-light piezo ignition system for ease of starting
- With stainless vaporizer vars for even heat distribution and flare-up prevention
- Not ideal for large groups
- Does not have rear burner for rotisserie meats
Blaze freestanding 40-inch propane gas grill with lights
- Freestanding propane gas grill
- 304 stainless steel grill body construction
- (5) cast stainless steel burners provide 14,000 BTU each; rear infrared burner rated for 10,000 BTU
If you love grilling for large groups and are looking for a grill with a commercial style but at an affordable price, this long-lasting, stainless-steel propane burner is the best option for you.
It measures 56.75” x 63.37” x 25.75” and comes with built-in lights for artificial illumination. Despite its large size, you can easily move it because of its four heavy-duty caster wheels.
It has five heavy-duty burners with a power output of 14 000 BTUs, giving you a total output of 70,000 BTUs.
You can also keep your vegetables and buns warm through its warming rack. If you prioritize storage, it comes with two side shelves and a large storage cabinet for your cooking equipment.
- Not expensive
- Comes with a rear burner for rotisserie kit
- With lock-in system to keep the grill in place
- With five commercial quality stainless steel burners
- With light indicators in the knob for easy settings monitoring
- With 684” square cooking surface area, ideal for large groups
- Flare-ups prevention through the perforated flame stabilization grid
- Direct and indirect cooking made easier with its integrated heat zone separators
- Does not come with a rotisserie kit
Blaze professional 3-burner propane gas grill with rear infrared burner
- Blaze Grills offers a best-in-class Lifetime warranty
- 12mm Hexagon-shaped stainless steel Searing Rods are extra thick for steakhouse-level searing
- Heat Zone Dividers allow you to cook multiple types of food at the same time using different temperatures like an expert chef
If you are a pro when it comes to grilling, this 3-burner propane-fueled burner is the partner for your skills. It has a total power output of 54,000 BTUs divided into its three-cast stainless steel, commercial style H-burner burners with 18,000 BTUs power output each.
Starting the burners is not an issue because it comes with backup flash tube secondary ignitions. If you love preparing meals for large groups, this is the best model for you because of its 615 square inches total main grilling area.
It can also handle rotisserie cooking because of its 10,000 BTUs power output. While cooking, you can also keep your buns and veggies warm with its removable 201 sq in warming rack area.
In terms of its cooking rood, it is made of heavy-duty 12mm hexagon stainless steel for discoloration prevention and heat retention as well as reaching the desired temperature for grilling and searing.
- Comes with a rotisserie kit
- With storage hooks for extra storage
- With LED illuminating knobs for night use
- With heat zone separators to prevent heat and fuel loss
- No flare-up problems because of its flame stabilization grids
- Easy-to-start with its flame-thrower primary ignition system
- Main power supply is needed for the grill lighting
Broil king regal S420 pro-4-burner propane gas grill
- Make the perfect steak - With patented Stainless Steel Dual-Tube burners and the innovative Flab-R-Wave Stainless Steel cooking system, The Regal S420 Pro will give you even temperatures across the cooking surface ensuring juicy and delicious results
- Durable cooking grids - Solid rod 9mm Stainless Steel cooking grids are up to 56% heavier than those in comparable grills, providing great heat retention and giving bold sear marks; Stainless Steel provides lasting durability so your grill is always ready
- Features for your convenience - this grill includes features to make your grilling experience better: A cabinet shelf for storing A cover; tool hooks keep your utensils close at hand; Leveling casters to keep your grill stable on any surface
This durable propane-fueled gas grill from Broil King is another pick for large groups and families.
With its approximately 178 pound-weight and 56.3 in x 24.8 in x 49.2 in dimension, it has 40% more coverage than its counterparts.
It has the signature Broil King performance from its patented dual-tube burners for a total of 8-flame rows to its patented dual-tube burners.
You can also create great sear marks and even heat distribution, thanks to its 9mm solid rod stainless steel cooking grids. Which is 56% heavier than its counterparts.
- Not too expensive
- Knobs with LED-lights for night use
- Easy-to-move with its heavy-duty caster wheels
- With large side shelves for storing cooking accessories
- With linear flow valves for ease of temperature control
- Comes with built-in grease management system for ease-of-cleaning
- Flare-ups might be an issue for amateur grillers
Durable and long-lasting gas grills: a buyer’s guide
In order to strike a balance between budget, needs and durability, we compiled a list of features and capabilities you should look for in a gas grill.A poorly constructed gas grill may pose safety risks. That is why, these two go hand-in-hand. Here are some factors to consider when choosing a durable and safe gas grill
Expensive gas grills do not mean that these are also made of durable and quality materials. The better the material quality of your gas grill, the longer it will last. An example of high-quality material for your burner, cooking grates and grids are the 304 stainless steel construction or heavy gauge cast aluminum because these are corrosion and rust-resistant.
Aluminum is a cheaper option than stainless steel because it is made of inexpensive, disposable products. You can expect one to two years of usage from aluminum-made grills.
- Corrosion may also help with barrier
- Prone to damage and corrosion
- Coating may flake, contaminating food
- Resistant only to scratches and dents when kept cool
- Good only for tabletop grill not frequently used outside
- Exterior appearance easily gets damaged even in single use
- May easily be scratched, dented or bent especially if low grade
- Uses heat-treated powder for coating which easily wears off when exposed to heat
- Resistant to corrosion
- Won’t easily be scratched and dented
- Durable and long-lasting, can last for many years
- Can be paired with outdoor range hood for grease management
- Can survive heat exposure with its heat-resistant enamel coating
- More expensive than aluminum grills
Check out our article on how to clean a stainless steel grill
Steel versus cast iron cooking grid
A cooking grid made of cast iron may pose problems. The cooking grid is an integral part of your grill and using low-quality materials may have negative effects. Cast iron has high porosity which means it is more prone to rusting because of the moisture it takes in. Cast iron is heavier than steel because of its thickness. It is also less efficient compared to steel.
Balance and stability
All components must perfectly fit together with no loose parts. This is to ensure that there is no pitching or tilting in your equipment. An unstable and imbalanced gas grill poses a safety risk.
Seamless finish and quality control
Having an item delivered to you with missing important pieces can be such a hassle when assembling. Unpolished edges and rugged sharp metals can also lead to cuts or even hook to your garment. This can be hazardous. The cookbox must also be seamlessly constructed with welded joints rather than connected with bolts, nuts, and cotter pins for better efficiency and longevity and lesser hot air loss.
Minimal to zero flare-ups
Fat dripping into flames causes flare-ups. Products that come with flavorizer bars or deflectors can prevent this dripping, leading to lesser flare-ups. V-shaped flavorizer bars will protect the burners from fat dripping. Flare-ups result in protein charring which leads to the creation of HCA compounds (heterocyclic amines). These compounds are known as cancer-contributors. Hence, the lesser the flare-ups, the better.
Wheels and footing
Wheels are a plus because these offer ease of movement. However, these must be large and sturdy enough for stability. Bolted legs tend to lose more compared to the full axle ones.
Lid, lidfit, and handle
To better retain heat and prevent it from escaping through the holes and edges, a well-fitted lit is ideal. To also avoid hitting your knuckles, a good clearance from the handle to the lid is better.
Total cooking surface area
The side burner cooking area, and the warming sack area, and the primary cooking area for the main burners comprise the grilling surface area. The bigger the total grilling surface area, the greater the amount you can prepare in one go. Hence, the better it is for larger groups and families.A side burner’s necessity depends on your needs. If you want to multitask making sauces while you grill with the primary burners, then a side burner is a must for you.
A company which immediately replies to queries and concerns in terms of product problems and warranty is ideal.
Never buy outdated models just because these are cheaper. Better spend more for a durable and reliable grill than consistently spending a lot for repairs and replacement. Never risk a cheap initial cost because it might lead to more expenses in the future.
The power output is commonly placed as BTUs. It refers to how much heat you can generate. Meaning, the higher the BTUs, the greater heat it can release. Larger models require greater amounts of temperature to heat up evenly.
Shelves or tables
Having shelves. Tables and tool hooks to keep your utensils in an easy-to-reach area adds to convenience. This will prevent clutter while you are grilling.
Safety and ease-of-cleaning
Here are some features and factors to consider to ensure that your equipment is safe and easy-to-clean
- Heat shield on the grill handle for hand protection
- Wheels which can be locked
- Easy-to-turn on and off ignition system
- A grease tray collection system
Gas grills that come with these accessories are a plus, so that you won’t have to buy these separately.
- Utensil set: tongs, spatula, forks with long handle
- Brush with a long handle for easy cleaning
- Heat-resistant hand protectors
- Barbecue thermometers
- Grill baskets
- Metal pizza stone and pizza peel
- Woks and griddles
- Cover for the barbeque
- Spare propane for lesser chances of running out fuel during cooking
How much does a durable gas grill usually cost?
For a price range of $1,000 to $2,000, you can get a durable gas grill fully-made of stainless steel. If you want a more high-end model, you may also opt for more expensive ones.
Should I consider the brain when choosing a durable and long-lasting grill?
Yes, the brand is a factor. That is why it is best to choose a brand with a reputation in the industry for its long-lasting products. Brands like Char-Griller, Weber, and Broil King have proven its advantage in terms of features, affordability, quality and durability.
What is the best longer-lasting model with a rotisserie kit?
If you are the best longer-lasting model with a rotisserie kit, the best model for you is the Blaze professional three-burner propane gas grill with rear infrared burner.
Is it okay to purchase a grill which lacks features but has good customer reviews?
If you are to choose between a brand’s marketing about its features and good customer reviews, choose the latter. A grill with excellent customer reviews means that it performs well and satisfies the needs of the users who experienced it.
How much should I spend on a durable gas grill?
If you are fine with a gas grill that can survive a year or two of usage, the budget models are fit for you. If you want a five-years hassle free experience from your grill, you should invest in premium models which typically cost around 500 to 3000 dollars.
Does higher cost equate with the grill’s longevity and durability?
The cost of a grill is the usual indicator of the features it offers and not its quality. A more expensive model does not necessarily mean that it is more durable. Hence, price is more of a feature-indicator rather than quality-indicator.
Does grill size affect its durability?
No, a smaller grill does not mean lesser durability. Some small grills still offer longevity. Examples of these are the 100 dollar- Smoke Hollow 205 Stainless Steel Grill, and the small and portable Magma Marine Propane Grill ideal for boat use. Another small and portable yet durable grill is the UCO Flatpack Portable Stainless Steel Grill fit for camping. When it comes to durability, size and price does not matter a lot. What matters is the material it is made of.
Some of the essentials to bear in mind when buying gas grills are: the size (which matters on how big or small the group is), the durability (which is highly affected by the material it is constructed from), and your budget (which is the range of price you are willing to invest on for a long-lasting and durable gas grill). Just make sure to never settle with the lowest options because it will cost you more in the future.
Last update on 2021-12-04 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API