With 2000 dollars, you can choose among various gas grills offering great features and functionalities. However, some of these features may not suit your needs. That is why, in this article, you will know what to look for in a gas grill to make sure that you’ll be able to buy one that suits your needs, preferences, and lifestyle.
Best gas grills under $2000
Based on the capabilities, features, and functionalities mentioned above, here are the top 10 gas grills you can buy for less than 2000 dollars.
Weber summit e-470 liquid propane gas grill
The Weber summit e-470 is one of the best liquid propane gas grills. You can get just a little over $2000, but it’s worth it.
This 30 in x 66 in x 57 liquid propane gas grill has a total cooking space of 580 sq. inches. The primary cooking area is 468 sq. inches with a warming rack of 112 inches.
Aside from being feature-packed, it also comes with four burners constructed from stainless steel. Its burners—the side, sear station, smoke, and rear-mounted infrared rotisserie have a power output of 12,000 BTU, 10600 BTU, 6800 BTU, and 10 600 BTU, respectively. Hence, it has a total power output of 48,800 BTU per hour.
Starting this gas grill won’t be an issue because of its snap-jet individual burner ignition system. In terms of keeping it in its location, it has two back swivel casters and front locking casters.
- Has a built-in thermometer
- Can be used with a 20-pound LP tank
- With six tool hooks for added storage
- Comes with a 10-year limited warranty
- With a lighted control panel for dim light use
- Natural-gas installation is possible with the included 10-foot flexible hose
- LP tank sold separately
- Would be better if it is lighter
AOG American Outdoor Grill T-Series 36-Inch natural gas grill
Manufactured by American Outdoor Grill, one of the industry’s top and most famous brands, this T-series model has three burners constructed from heavy-duty stainless steel. It is a 140-pounder at 37 in x 19.5 in x 8.5 in with a whooping power output of 50,000 BTUs.
It is quite flexible because of its non-rotisserie grill and rotisserie kit, allowing you to switch between roasting various foods such as meat easily. In terms of the temperature, it can be precisely controlled through the solid brass gas valves.
Its performance, flexibility, and durability make it one of the best gas grills under 2000 dollars.
- Has a drip-collection system
- Comes with a kit for liquid propane conversion
- Comes with a polished bezel analog thermometer
- Easy-to-start with its rapid light piezo ignition system
- Less flare ups with the stainless-steel vaporizer panels
- Issues in durability reported over time
Broil King Regal S590 Pro
It comes with four primary burners. These four burners can produce up to 50,000 BTUs when used together, which is amazing. This high rating suggests that it gets very hot and stays very hot.
Aside from the strong primary burners, the Broil King Regal S590 Pro includes a 10,000 BTU side burner. As a result, while grilling on the main burners, you may also cook side dishes.
It has a rotisserie burner and plenty of grill area, among other things. This outstanding function is available on the Broil King series of goods examined in this post, as you will see in this review. Rotisserie burners are ideal for cooking various items such as spit-roasted meat.
The huge cooking space is another appealing feature of the Broil King Regal S590 Pro. Whether you’re cooking for a small group of friends or the entire block, the 500 square inches of cooking space will suffice. It also has a heated rack space of 195 square inches.
The Broil King Regal S590 Pro has a very amazing build and craftsmanship. It mostly comprises stainless steel, which prevents corrosion from forming over time. It’s also simple to clean and maintain.
- Durable construction
- Outstanding performance
- It includes a rotisserie burner.
- Can be powered by natural gas
- What drawbacks did we discover?
- The side burner isn’t particularly powerful.
Broilmaster PS3 super premium
Its heavy-duty cast aluminum construction makes it one of the toughest, longest-lasting, and most durable gas grills.
This 140-pounder model offers flexibility and versatility with its multi-level 2-piece stainless steel rod cooking grids and stainless-steel smoke shutter. In terms of performance, it has a power output of 45 000 BTUs which you can use to bake, grill, and warm your food with an adjustable grid.
It has enough space and is conveniently made with a stainless-steel retractable rack with locking casters. Its high-quality construction materials, flexibility, and usability made it become one of the best gas grills for under 2000 dollars.
- Not expensive
- Versatile with its multi-level 2-piece stainless steel rod cooking grids
- With ¼ inch griddle made of stainless steel for added cooking surface
- Does not come with a ground wire
Broil King 957347 Regal XLS Pro NG gas grill
The Broil King 957347 Regal XLS Pro NG gas grill is ideal for bringing out the flavor of your backyard BBQ and steaks. It has many features and functionalities with 251 pounds and 70 in x 24.8 in x 49.2 in dimension.
Some of these are the dual-tube burners constructed from patented heavy-duty stainless steel and the Flav-R-Wave cooking system made with stainless steel. There are several burners from which you can choose which is best for your recipe.
In terms of performance, it uses the Broil King performance grilling technology (PGT). You also won’t have to worry about parts issues as its burners, cooking grids, and cooking system have a 10-year and two-year warranty for the other parts.
- Grill parts have several warranties
- With the Flav-R-Wave cooking system for enhanced flavor
- Rods constructed from stainless steel for durability and longevity
- Reversible cast-iron grids for cooking flexibility and ease-of-cleaning
- Customer service needs improvement
Weber 67006001 Genesis II S-435 4-Burner Natural Gas Grill
This is one of the premium quality gas grills you can purchase today for under 2000 dollars. This 177-pound natural gas grill has four stainless steel high-performance burners with an impressive power output of 69,000 BTUs
Its lid is also made of stainless steel for added durability. Aside from the main burners, it has one rear station and one side burner. At 65 in x 29 in x 47 in, it has a cooking surface of 844 sq. in, making it the best choice for large groups and families. It is quite flexible as the surface is adjustable to cater to individual or small group meal preparation.
- GS4 high-performance grilling system
- Easy-to-start with its infinity ignition
- Enclosed storage cabinet for added space
- Compatible with iGrill 3 for temperature monitoring
- With grease management system for ease-of-cleaning
- With stainless steel rod cooking grates for even heat distribution
- Stainless steel 7 mm diameter rod cooking grates and flavorizer bars for better heat retention
- Takes time to assemble
- Cabinet’s side openings too big
Napoleon 6-burner 500 sq. in. gas grill
It has four stainless steel burners that can produce an amazing 48000 BTUs. This is comparable to the more expensive Weber we discussed earlier. The rear burners are even more amazing, producing up to 18,000 BTUs of heat.
The side burners provide an additional 14,000 BTUs. As a result, if you want a hot grill that gets hot and stays hot, the Napoleon P500RSIBPSS-3 Prestige 500 is an excellent choice.
The construction betrays the price slightly since the rear burners are made of rotisserie materials, while the side burners are made of ceramic. It is, however, manufactured of high-quality 304 stainless steel, which contributes to its longevity and heat retention.
The performance and cooking control are both outstanding. It includes an accurate temperature gauge to help you get the correct heat. Having an ice bucket on such a heated machine is a lovely touch. As a result, while grilling your food, you can keep your drinks chilled and ready to go.
Unlike many other infrared burners, the temperature can be reduced.
- Grill that is versatile
- There is a lifetime warranty included.
- There are numerous attachment possibilities.
- igniting of jet fire
- What drawbacks did we discover?
- The rotisserie burner is situated directly beneath the warming rack.
Blaze 32-inch gas grill model #BLZ-4
Its commercial design and interior lighting give you a professional feel when grilling. Its components are made of 304 stainless steel, from cooking rods to burners.
At 32 inches and a cooking area of 740 sq. inches, it has 56,000 BTUs of total cooking power, with each of the four burners at 14,000 BTUs and one rear infrared burner at 10 000 BTUs.
Machine discoloration caused by heat won’t be an issue because of its double-layer stainless-steel lid construction. Its flame-thrower primary ignition system, LED lighting system, and 8mm stainless steel cooking rods perfectly combine performance, usability, and convenience.
For less than 2000 dollars, the Blaze 32-inch gas grill model #BLZ-4 is a steal.
- With heat zone separators
- Easy-to-clean with its full-width drip tray
- Easy-to-start with its flame-thrower ignition system
- Knobs come with red LED for illumination in poorly-lit areas
- With a removable warming sack to maintain appropriate food temperature
- No drawbacks mentioned
Kenmore Elite PG-40415S0LC
This 183-pounder, 61.8 in x 27.1 in x 47.9 gas grill is 90% pre-assembled for added convenience. Because of its metallic finish, it gives a sturdy and elegant vibe to it.
With its 304 stainless steel construction and 8mm. Cooking grates made from heavy-duty stainless steel, durability won’t be an issue. It has 644 square inches of cooking space, with 650 sq. inches for the primary cooking area while the remaining 174 square inches for the secondary cooking.
Each of its four burners has 13000 BTUS power, with its side burner at 12000 BTUs, giving you around 60000 BTUs total cooking power.
- Regulator has fuel gauge
- Powder-coated self-closing doors
- Easy-to-start with its electric ignition system
- Easy-to-move with its heavy-duty 3 inches Swivel casters
- With built-in Halogen lights and LED-lit control panel for night use
- Customer service needs improvement
Types of gas grills
This type is ideal for parties and camping because it is easy to carry. You can also use it at home if you have limited space for your patio or deck.
These are excellent space-savers because of their size. It is also foldable so that it can be stored anywhere. Even with its small size, durability is not compromised as this is usually made of durable stainless steel. However, not all small-sized grills are portable.
With a price range of 150 to 2500, this type is on the higher end of the spectrum. Because of this offer’s features and capabilities, it is the most common and famous type in the market.
This offers the largest cooking area, ideal for large groups and families. It is constructed from high-quality stainless steel. Because of its capabilities and features, this is the most expensive type.
Factors to consider when buying a gas grill for under 2000 dollars
Power output (BTU)
BTU is the ability to produce heat. A higher BTU means faster cooking, and a lower one means slower cooking. Hence, choose one with higher BTU values if your priority is quick cooking. A BTU of 80-100 per square unit is ideal as a rule of thumb.
It is okay to go down in the 60-80 range for infrared grills because of its better heat dissipation. However, the infrared options are generally pricier.
Burners will determine the number of foods you can cook simultaneously and the various temperatures you can choose from. Having many burners in your gas grill will allow you to control the temperature while ensuring you get enough space for indirect cooking.
A durable, heavy-duty, and long-lasting gas grill saves you from the hassle and additional expenses of buying new ones yearly. That is why it is ideal to choose gas grills constructed from stainless steel or steel-coated.
Regarding the grill grates, opt for a stainless-steel construction rather than cast-iron variants. The latter is known to chip or crack over time compared to the rigid and heavy-duty stainless-steel variants.
A warranty implies the manufacturer’s confidence in their products. If no warranty is included, you will spend a lot on repairs. Hence, choose a gas grill with a good warranty period, like the 10-year warranty, Weber Genesis II S-335 3-Burner liquid propane grill.
Stability and safety
Choose a gas grill with no stability issues and no sharp edges. This way, you will be reducing the risk of accidents and injury. A gas grill with wooden handles for added protection to your hand is a plus too.
Choose one with dripping holes and a pull-out tray for ease of cleaning. You won’t have to worry about the oils and mess as it will automatically drip into the tray. You must remove and clean it rather than manually cleaning the parts yourself. Without these parts, maintaining your grill can be an ordeal.
This consideration depends on whether you love bringing your grill to outdoor activities. If you are a fan of grilling in various locations, then certainly go for a portable, easy-to-maneuver, and lightweight model. The wheels attached to it are also a plus.
Here are some of the features that can make your grilling experience extra convenient:
Rapid liquid piezo ignition system
- This is for an easy start. An example of a gas grill with this ignition system is the AOG American Outdoor Grill T-Series 36-Inch natural gas grill.
Dual halogen built-in lights
- This is for added illumination in areas where there is poor lighting condition. The Kenmore Elite PG-40415S0LC gas grill has this feature.
iGrill 3 compatibility
- This enables you to monitor your food progress from start to finish through your smartphone. The Weber Genesis II S-335 3-Burner liquid propane grill is one product that contains this feature.
Reminders when using a grill
- Gas grills and charcoal-burning grills should be placed away from living flame because of the heat it can generate.
- Use appropriate cooking utensils like forks, spoons, and tongs to avoid heat contact and accidentally throwing your food in the flame.
- Do not try barbequing on a wood grill using coal, as this can generate very large amounts of heat.
- Buy a gas grill with an extra protective cover for added safety.
- It is better to choose a gas grill with a setting for temperature; you cannot find one, better buy a separate grill heater,
- Consider the purpose of buying a grill before choosing a type and model that suits you.
What is the best time to buy gas grills?
Deals, sales, and offers usually fall after mid-august. Hence, September is the best time to buy gas grills.
Is it okay to buy cheap grills?
It is better to invest in quality and a higher price range than cheaper ones, especially if you own a restaurant. With all the repairs and maintenance required for a cheap gas grill, it is not worth it.
How much is a good-quality gas grill?
Long-lasting grills usually fall around the 1500-to-3000-dollar price range.
What is the appropriate distance between the siding and grill?
The answer to this depends on the fuel you use. Fuels can vary from propane, natural gas, diesel, or butane. If you use a gas grill, place it close to your siding.
Is it okay to barbecue on a covered porch?
A covered porch is fine, but not on a screened one. A ceiling of at least 9 feet is also advisable with a significant distance from your house to avoid ruining your walls due to the heat.
Can a gas grill be used under a canopy tent?
All flame forms are not recommended under a canopy because they risk catching fire. If using it is unavoidable, it the better to place the canopy tent away from nearby buildings to prevent fire from spreading in case it catches one.
How to prevent the siding from melting?
Use a fixative or sealant to prevent your siding from charring or burning. Another preventive measure is to use baking soda and cold water as the absorb moisture will keep the material from sticking. If you choose to replace the siding, here are the steps to follow:
- Prepare the area.
- Use steel wool and apply primer.
- Get into the crevices by using an appropriate amount of steel wool again.
- Loosen the adhesives that bind the siding together.
- Once loosened, remove the siding.
- Clean the grill.
- Remove the excess fixative or sealant.
The portability, power output, convenience, and warranty are some of the major factors to be considered when buying a gas grill. The added features are also worth mentioning as this can make your grilling a hassle-free experience. Choose a model that ticks, if not all, most of the factors and features you are looking for.
Last update on 2023-06-06 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
This post contains affiliate links, which means I may receive a small commission, at no extra cost to you, if you make a purchase using these links.