With 2000 dollars, you can choose among a variety of gas grills offering great features and functionalities. However, some of these features may not suit your needs. That is why, in this article, you will know what to look for in a gas grill to make sure that you’ll be able to buy one that suits your needs, preferences, and lifestyle
Best gas grills under $2000
Based on the capabilities, features and functionalities mentioned above, here are the top 10 gas grills you can buy for less than 2000 dollars.
Weber summit e-470 liquid propane gas grill
- 580-sq in Total Cooking Area
- Four 48,800-BTU Main Burners, One 12,000-BTU Side Burner, One 10,600-BTU Sear Burner And One 10,600-BTU Rotisserie Burner
- LED Tank Scale Display And Fuel Gauge For Easy Viewing
The Weber summit e-470 is one of the best liquid propane gas grills you can get just a little over $2000, but its worth it.
This 30 in x 66 in x 57 liquid propane gas grill has a total cooking space of 580 sq. in. The primary cooking area is 468 sq. inches with a warming rack of 112 inches.
Aside from being feature-packed, it also comes with four burners constructed from stainless steel. Its burners—the side, sear station, smoke and rear-mounted infrared rotisserie have a power output of 12,000 BTU, 10600 BTU, 6800 BTU and 10 600 BTU respectively. Hence, it has a total power output of 48,800 BTU per hour.
Starting this gas grill won’t also be an issue because of its snap-jet individual burner ignition system. In terms of keeping it in its location, it has two back swivel casters along with front locking casters.
- Has a built-in thermometer
- Can be used with a 20-pound LP tank
- With six tool hooks for added storage
- Comes with a 10-year limited warranty
- With a lighted control panel for dim light use
- Natural-gas installation is possible with the included 10-foot flexible hose
- LP tank sold separately
- Would be better if it is lighter
AOG American Outdoor Grill T-Series 36-Inch natural gas grill
- Constructed from 304 grade stainless steel for quality durability
- Stainless steel vaporizer panels deliver even heat distribution and minimize flare-ups
- Rapid Light piezo ignition requires no batteries or electricity
Manufactured by American Outdoor Grill, one of the top and most famous brands in the industry, this T-series model has three burners constructed from heavy-duty, stainless-steel. It is a 140-pounder at 37 in x 19.5 in x 8.5 in with a whooping power output of 50,000 BTUs. It is quite flexible because of its non-rotisserie grill and rotisserie kit which gives you an option to easily switch between roasting various foods such as meat. In terms of the temperature, it can be precisely controlled through the solid brass gas valves
With its performance, flexibility and durability, it is definitely one of the best gas grills under 2000 dollars.
- Has a drip-collection system
- Comes with a kit for liquid propane conversion
- Comes with a polished bezel analog thermometer
- Easy-to-start with its rapid light piezo ignition system
- Less flare ups with the stainless-steel vaporizer panels
- Issues in durability reported over time
Broil King Regal S590 Pro
- MAKE THE PERFECT STEAK - with patented stainless steel Dual-Tube? burners and the innovative Flav-R-Wave? stainless steel cooking system, the Regal S590 Pro will give you even temperatures across the cooking surface ensuring juicy and delicious results
- DURABLE COOKING GRIDS - solid rod 9mm stainless steel cooking grids are up to 56% heavier than those in comparable grills, providing great heat retention and giving bold sear marks; stainless steel provides lasting durability so your grill is always ready
- COOKING VERSATILITY - 55,000 BTU main burner output and 625 sq. in. of primary cooking area ensure that you have power and space to cook for the whole family; a 10,000 BTU side burner and 15,000 BTU rear rotisserie burner let you cook more with your grill
It comes with four primary burners. These four burners can produce up to 50,000 BTUs when used together, which is rather amazing. This high rating suggests that it gets very hot and stays very hot.
Aside from the strong primary burners, the Broil King Regal S590 Pro includes a 10,000 BTU side burner. As a result, while grilling on the main burners, you may also cook side dishes.
It has a rotisserie burner and plenty of grill area, among other things. This outstanding function is available on the Broil King series of goods examined in this post, as you will see in this review. Rotisserie burners are ideal for cooking a variety of items such as spit-roasted meat and others.
The huge cooking space is another appealing feature of the Broil King Regal S590 Pro. Whether you’re cooking for a small group of friends or for the entire block, the 500 square inches of cooking space will suffice. It also has a heated rack space of 195 square inches.
The Broil King Regal S590 Pro has a very amazing build and craftsmanship. It is mostly comprised of stainless steel, which prevents corrosion from forming over time. It’s also simple to clean and maintain.
- Durable construction
- Outstanding performance
- It includes a rotisserie burner.
- Can be powered by natural gas
- What drawbacks did we discover?
- The side burner isn’t particularly powerful.
Broilmaster PS3 super premium
- Heavy-duty cast aluminum construction to last a lifetime
- Dual stainless steel bowtie burner disperse flames evenly
- Adjustable multi-level cooking grid to allow for grilling, baking and warming
With its heavy-duty cast aluminum construction, it is definitely one of the toughest, longest-lasting, and durable gas grills out there.
This 140-pounder model offers flexibility and versatility with its multi-level 2-piece stainless steel rod cooking grids and stainless-steel smoke shutter. In terms of performance, it has a power output of 45 000 BTUs which you can use to bake, grill, and warm your food with an adjustable grid. It also has enough space, and even made convenient with the stainless-steel retractable rack with locking casters. Its high-quality construction materials, flexibility and usability made it become one of the best gas grills under 2000 dollars.
- Not expensive
- Versatile with its multi-level 2-piece stainless steel rod cooking grids
- With ¼ inch griddle made of stainless steel for added cooking surface
- Does not come with a ground wire
Broil King 957347 Regal XLS Pro NG gas grill
- Make the perfect steak - With patented Stainless Steel Dual-Tube burners and the innovative Flav-R-Wave Stainless Steel cooking system, The Regal XLS Pro will give you even temperatures across the cooking surface ensuring juicy and delicious results
- Durable cooking grids - a combination of solid 9mm Stainless Steel rod cooking grids and reversible cast iron cooking grids are up to 38% heavier than those found in comparable grills and provide great heat retention ensuring bold sear marks
- More space & more power - with 750 sq. In. Of primary cooking area between two cook boxes and over 1000 sq., In. Of total space, This grill has room to cook for the whole neighborhood; 60, 000 BTU main burner output gets you up to temp in any conditions
The Broil King 957347 Regal XLS Pro NG gas grill is ideal for bringing out the flavor of your backyard BBQ and steaks. With a weight of 251 pounds and a 70 in x 24.8 in x 49.2 in dimension, it has a wide array of features and functionalities.
Some of these are the dual-tube burners constructed from patented heavy-duty stainless steel and the Flav-R-Wave cooking system also made with stainless steel. There are several burners from which you can choose which is best for your recipe.
In terms of performance, it uses the Broil King performance grilling technology (PGT). You also won’t have to worry about parts issues as its burners, cooking grids and cooking system have a 10-year warranty, and a two-year warranty for the other parts.
- Grill parts have several warranties
- With the Flav-R-Wave cooking system for enhanced flavor
- Rods constructed from stainless steel for durability and longevity
- Reversible cast-iron grids for cooking flexibility and ease-of-cleaning
- Customer service needs improvement
Weber 67006001 Genesis II S-435 4-Burner Natural Gas Grill
- This product is a Natural Gas unit and you must have Natural Gas plumbed out to your patio or deck to be able to use this grill; If you do not have Natural Gas plumbed, please look at our selection of Propane barbecues
- GS4 high performance grilling system featuring infinity ignition, high-performance burners, stainless steel flavorizer bars and a grease management system
- 4 stainless steel high-performance burners, 1 side burner and 1 sear station burner deliver up to 69,000 BTUs of combined output
This is one of the premium quality gas grills you can purchase in the market today for under 2000 dollars. This 177-pound natural gas grill has four stainless steel high-performance burners with an impressive power output of 69,000 BTUs
Its lid is also made of stainless-steel for added durability. Aside from the main burners, it also has one rear station and one side burner. At 65 in x 29 in x 47 in, it has a cooking surface of 844 sq. in, making it the best choice for large groups and families. It is quite flexible as the surface is adjustable to cater to individual or small group meal preparation.
- GS4 high-performance grilling system
- Easy-to-start with its infinity ignition
- Enclosed storage cabinet for added space
- Compatible with iGrill 3 for temperature monitoring
- With grease management system for ease-of-cleaning
- With stainless steel rod cooking grates for even heat distribution
- Stainless steel 7 mm diameter rod cooking grates and flavorizer bars for better heat retention
- Takes time to assemble
- Cabinet’s side openings too big
Napoleon 6-burner 500 sq. in. gas grill
- 4 Stainless Steel main burners that produce 48, 000 BTU-per-hour input along with Stainless Steel sear plates that provide even heat with their layered positioning and intense flavor for creating Unforgettable meals
- Invite all your friends and family over with 500 square inches of main cooking space, enough to cook 31 burgers at once! Take advantage of the extra 260 Square inches of cooking space offered by the warming rack and 140 square inches on your side burner
- Forget the matches, a quick start up you can count on every time with the flame throwing JETFIRE ignition system on each main burner. As an added back up feature the Napoleon prestige 500 offers a back channel between burners to allow them to light off each other. Never worry about your grill not lighting Ever again You will be up and grilling The first time every time
It has four stainless steel burners that can produce an amazing 48000 BTUs. This is comparable to the more expensive Weber we discussed earlier. The rear burners are even more amazing, producing up to 18,000 BTUs of heat. The side burners provide an additional 14,000 BTUs. As a result, if you want a hot grill that gets hot and stays hot, the Napoleon P500RSIBPSS-3 Prestige 500 is an excellent choice.
The construction betrays the price slightly, since the rear burners are made of rotisserie materials, while the side burners are made of ceramic. It is, however, manufactured of high-quality 304 stainless steel, which contributes to its longevity and heat retention.
The performance and cooking control are both outstanding. It includes an accurate temperature gauge to help you get the correct heat. It’s a lovely touch to have an ice bucket on such a heated machine. As a result, while you’re grilling your food, you can keep your drinks chilled and ready to go.
Unlike many other infrared burners on the market, the temperature on can be reduced.
- Grill that is versatile
- There is a lifetime warranty included.
- There are numerous attachment possibilities.
- igniting of jet fire
- What drawbacks did we discover?
- The rotisserie burner is situated directly beneath the warming rack.
Blaze 32-inch gas grill model #BLZ-4
With its commercial design, and interior lighting, you get a professional feel when grilling. Its components are made of 304 stainless steel from cooking rods to burners.
At 32 inches and a cooking area of 740 sq. inches, it has 56,000 BTUs total cooking power with each of the four burners at 14,000 BTUs and one infrared rear burner at 10 000 BTUs.
Machine discoloration caused by heat won’t be an issue because of its double layer stainless-steel lid construction. With its flame-thrower primary ignition system, LED lighting system, and 8mm stainless steel cooking rods, it is the perfect combination of performance, usability and convenience.
For less than 2000 dollars the Blaze 32-inch gas grill model #BLZ-4 is such a steal.
- With heat zone separators
- Easy-to-clean with its full-width drip tray
- Easy-to-start with its flame-thrower ignition system
- Knobs come with red LED for illumination in poorly-lit areas
- With a removable warming sack to maintain appropriate food temperature
- No drawbacks mentioned
Kenmore Elite PG-40415S0LC
- Total cooking surface: 754 sq. in. (primary 580 sq. in. secondary 174 sq. in
- 4 Main burners 304 stainless steel 12,000 BTU ea. 1 cast iron side burner (12,000 BTU) Total BTU 60,000, Individual electronic ignition system
- Porcelain coated firebox with aluminum end caps, solid 8mm stainless steel cooking grates with heavy duty stainless steel heat diffusers
This 183-pounder, 61.8 in x 27.1 in x 47.9 gas grill is 90% pre-assembled for added convenience. Because of its metallic finish, it gives a sturdy and elegant vibe to it.
With its 304 stainless steel construction, and 8mm. cooking grates made from heavy-duty stainless steel, durability won’t be an issue. It has 644 square inches cooking space, with 650 sq. inches for the primary cooking area while the remaining 174 square inches for the secondary cooking.
Each of its four burners has 13000 BTUS power with its side burner at 12000 BTUs, giving you around 60000 BTUs total cooking power.
- Regulator has fuel gauge
- Powder-coated self-closing doors
- Easy-to-start with its electric ignition system
- Easy-to-move with its heavy-duty 3 inches Swivel casters
- With built-in Halogen lights and LED-lit control panel for night use
- Customer service needs improvement
Types of gas grills
This type is ideal for parties and camping because it is easy to carry. You can also use it at home if you have a limited space for your patio or deck.
These are excellent space-savers because of their size. It is also foldable so it can be stored anywhere. Even with its small size, durability is not compromised as this is usually made for durable stainless steel. However, not all small-sized grills are portable.
With a price range of 150 to 2500, this type is on the higher end of the spectrum. Because of the features and capabilities that this offer, it is the most common and famous type in the market.
This offers the largest cooking area, ideal for large groups and families. It is constructed from high-quality stainless steel. Because of its capabilities and features, this is the most expensive type.
Factors to consider when buying a gas grill under 2000 dollars
Power output (BTU)
BTU is the ability to produce heat. A higher BTU means faster cooking, and a lower one means slower cooking. Hence, if your priority is quick cooking, choose one with higher BTU values. As a rule of thumb, a BTU of 80-100 per square unit is ideal. For infrared grills, it is okay to go down in the 60-80 range because of its better heat dissipation. However, the infrared options are generally pricier.
Burners will determine the number of foods you can cook simultaneously and the various temperatures you can choose from. Having a lot of burners in your gas grill will give you the advantage of being able to control the temperature while also ensuring you get enough space for indirect cooking.
A durable, heavy-duty and long-lasting gas grill saves you from the hassle and additional expenses of having to buy new ones every year. That is why it is ideal to choose gas grills constructed from stainless steel or a steel-coated one. In terms of the grill grates, also opt for a stainless-steel construction rather than cast-iron variants. The latter is known to chip or crack overtime, compared to the rigid and heavy-duty stainless-steel variants.
A warranty implies the manufacturer’s confidence in their products. If there is no warranty included, you will spend a lot on repairs. Hence, choose a gas grill with a good warranty period, like the 10-year warranty, Weber Genesis II S-335 3-Burner liquid propane grill.
Stability and safety
Choose a gas grill with no stability issues and no sharp edges. This way, you will be reducing the risk of accidents and injury. A gas grill with wooden handles for added protection to your hand is a plus too.
Choose one with dripping holes and pull-out tray for ease of cleaning. You won’t have to worry about the oils and mess as it will automatically drip into the tray. You simply need to remove and clean it rather than manually cleaning the parts yourself. Without these parts, maintaining your grill can be an ordeal.
This consideration depends on whether you love bringing your grill to outdoor activities. If you are a fan of grilling in various locations, then certainly go for a portable, easy-to-maneuver and lightweight model. Wheels attached to it are also a plus.
Here are some of the features that can make your grilling experience extra convenient:
Rapid liquid piezo ignition system
- This is for an easy start. An example of a gas grill with this kind of ignition system is the AOG American Outdoor Grill T-Series 36-Inch natural gas grill.
Dual halogen built-in lights
- This is for added illumination in areas where there is poor lighting condition. The Kenmore Elite PG-40415S0LC gas grill has this feature.
iGrill 3 compatibility
- This enables you to monitor your food progress from start to finish through your smartphone. The Weber Genesis II S-335 3-Burner liquid propane grill is one product that contains this feature.
Reminders when using a grill
- Gas grills and charcoal burning grills should be placed away from live flame because of the amount of heat it can generate.
- Use appropriate cooking utensils like forks, spoons and tongs to avoid heat contact and accidentally throwing your food in the flame.
- Do not try barbequing on a wood grill using coal as this can generate very large amounts of heat.
- Buy a gas grill with extra protective cover for added safety.
- It is better to choose a gas grill with a setting for temperature, you cannot find one, better buy a separate grill heater,
- Bear in mind the purpose of buying a grill before choosing a type and model that suits you.
What is the best time to buy gas grills?
Deals, sales and offers usually fall after mid-august. Hence, September is the best time to buy gas grills.
Is it okay to buy cheap grills?
It is better to invest in quality and a higher-price range compared to cheaper ones, especially if you own a restaurant. With all the repairs and maintenance required for a cheap gas grill, it is just not worth it.
How much is a good-quality gas grill?
Long lasting grills usually fall around the 1500-to-3000-dollar price range.
What is the appropriate distance between the siding and grill?
The answer to this depends on the fuel you use. Fuels can vary from propane, natural gas, diesel, or butane. If you use a gas grill, better to place it very close to your siding.
Is it okay to barbecue on a covered porch?
A covered porch is fine, but not on a screened one. A ceiling of at least 9 feet is also advisable with a significant distance from your house to avoid ruining your walls due to the heat.
Can a gas grill be used under a canopy tent?
All forms of flame are not recommended to use under a canopy because of its risk in catching fire. If using it is unavoidable, better place the canopy tent away from near buildings to prevent spread of fire in case it catches one.
How to prevent siding from melting?
To prevent your siding from charring or burning, use a fixative or sealant. Another preventive measure is to use a baking soda and cold water as the absorb moisture will keep the material from sticking. If you choose to replace the siding, here are the steps to follow:
- Prepare the area.
- Use steel wool and apply primer.
- Get into the crevices by using an appropriate amount of steel wool again.
- Loosen the adhesives that bind the siding together.
- Once loosened, remove the siding.
- Clean the grill.
- Remove the excess fixative or sealant.
The portability, power output, convenience and warranty are some of the major factors to be considered when buying a gas grill. The added features are also worth mentioning as this can make your grilling a hassle-free experience. Choose a model that ticks, if not all, most of the factors and features you are looking for.
Last update on 2021-12-03 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API