Popcorn bought from the store is convenient, but creating your own from home may be a lot more satisfying than popping a bag of pre-popped kernels in the microwave. Fortunately, you don’t need any additional materials to pop a batch of fresh kernels when using popcorn machines.
The best hot air popcorn poppers in the market today
Based on the factors you should consider which are mentioned later in this article, here are the best hot air popcorn poppers you can find in the market today.
Dash Turbo POP Popcorn Maker
- QUICK + EASY: Simply measure and add your popcorn kernels to the high capacity heating chamber, then push the one Touch start button, for Hot and fresh popcorn in minutes. It’s so easy, even your kids can do it.
- HEALTHIER: The Dash Popcorn Machine uses hot air (no oil or added preservative from a microwave bag) to quickly and efficiently pop 16 cups of hot and fresh popcorn. Perfect for parties, large group gatherings, or a quiet date night in.
- MULTIFUNCTIONAL: The included measuring cup doubles as a butter melting tray on the top of the machine - simply add a tablespoon of butter while your popcorn pops and pour once melted for movie theater-style popcorn.
The Dash Turbo, from the name itself, makes fast popping popcorns and our number one pick for the best hot air popcorn popper. Despite its compact design, it can pop 8 cups of popcorn in one go. Its speed in popping popcorns is amazing, thanks to its Dash cyclonic air flow. Its interface is easy to operate. You simply need to push the button after placing the kernels in the chamber. And that’s it. You can even add butter while it’s melting. The Dash Turbo is manufactured by Dash, a company known for its original boiled egg cookers.
- Easy and quick
- Compact design
- Has an on/off button
- Durable; made of high-quality materials
- Spitting seeds issue
- Butter melting tray needs improvement
Presto 04820 PopLite Hot Air Popper
- Pops popcorn with hot air, not oil
- Pops regular or gourmet popcorn
- Butter melter doubles as measuring cup
It is one of the most popular and highly rated hot-air poppers on the market. The PopLite comes in various colors—white, yellow, black, and red. It can pop roughly 18 cups of popcorn with the PopLite in 2 and a half minutes. The popcorn is fluffy and airy.
The top lid doubles as a measuring cup for your popcorn kernels. You can also melt the butter in the measuring cup if you put it in there after it’s started to pop. This is a great way to make healthy, low-calorie and fat-free popcorn.
- Health; no oil
- Fast popping; 30% faster than its counterparts
- May have unpopped kernels
Cuisinart CPM-100 EasyPop Hot Air Corn Popper
- Makes up to ten cups of popcorn in under 3 minutes
- 1500 watts of power
- Removable chute and butter warming tray
The EasyPop is composed of three major components: the cup, the chute, and the base containing the motor. The cup is multifunctional, serving as both a butter melter and a measuring cup, allowing you to measure out the exact amount of corn for each batch.
Many air poppers do not have a “On/Off” button, thus you must plug and remove the cable to start or stop the popper. This is inefficient and perhaps hazardous if you fail to disconnect it.
Cuisinart has a handy on/off button, so you don’t have to risk touching a hot machine when unplugging it. You merely press a button, and it comes to a halt. The connection is 32 inches long, and there is no built-in storage place, which is common on the finest home popcorn makers.
This item has a fantastic feature in that its removable pieces are dishwasher safe, making cleanup quick and easy. You can also conveniently put this gadget out of sight when not in use because it is rather tiny and light for a popcorn popper, weighing little over 3 pounds.
When you purchase this popcorn maker, you will receive a measuring cup. The machine’s plastic parts are BPA-free, which is great news for anybody concerned about the possible health concerns of this chemical.
If you enjoy popcorn but want a healthier (and less expensive) alternative to stove tops and machines, the Cuisinart EasyPop offers oil-free, rapid popping, easy cleanup, and additional options for seasoning your popcorn. The EasyPop is not a popper for huge parties or individuals hoping for theater-style popcorn, but it is a fine option if you want an efficient popper for a few people at a time.
- The top of the machine has a butter warmer.
- Small and simple to store
- You will almost certainly wind up with some unpopped kernels.
- Some popcorn falls out of the bowl.
Presto Orville Redenbacher Hot Air Popper
- Pops fast-up to 18 cups of popcorn in less than 2-1/2 minutes with almost no unpopped kernels
- Pops without oil for only 30 calories per two cup serving and 0 calories from fat! That's 89-percent fewer calories than corn popped in oil. The product video can be reviewed before using the product.
- Easy to clean because it pops with hot air;
The Presto Orville Redenbacher Hot Air Popper is an excellent choice if you’re on a budget. Although the design has some peculiarities, the overall experience is simple and the popcorn is fresh, crispy, and oil-free.
Because the machine utilizes heated air rather than oil, the popcorn has less calories, and generally healthier. If you want to apply butter, you may use the 1/2-cup measuring cup on top. It easily melts from the heat generated by the machine. It takes less than two-and-a-half minutes to pop up to 18 cups of airy popcorn, enough for two huge bowlfuls.
- Pops kernels quickly
- Comes with a measuring cup
- No large quantities of unpopped kernels
- Warping of the plastic top
- Does not have on/off switch
- Plastic cover not dishwasher-safe
- Butter-melting abilities need improvement
- Tendency for kernels to escape while warming up
Hamilton Beach Electric Hot Air Popcorn Popper
- QUICK AND EASY SNACK: Make hot and delicious popcorn in just minutes. It's easy to use – just add the kernels with the built in measuring cup, plug it in and let the fun begin.
- SERVES A CROWD: Pops up to 18 cups per batch for a crowd.
- HOT AIR = HEALTHY: Uses hot air for a healthy snack, no oil or fats needed.
The Hamilton Beach Electric Hot Air Popcorn Popper pops 98% of the kernels in around three minutes or less at a power of 1200 watts. It can pop up to 18 cups for every cycle. It has a removable and machine-washable cover which keeps popped corn from landing on the counter. Its butter melting cup can also be used as a measuring cup. The popper itself is constructed from plastic, metal, and stainless steel.
- Utilizes hot air
- May need a converter or adapter, depending on the user’s location
Mueller Ultra Pop Hot Air Popcorn Popper
- Quick Snack – Simply measure and add your popcorn kernels to the heating chamber push the One-Touch start button and have theater-style fresh popcorn ready in less than 2 minutes.
- Healthy – Deliciously low-fat and all natural with no salt or artificial flavors. The measuring spoon doubles as a melting spoon, so you can even use the heat of the popper to melt butter while you pop!
- Compact – The design of this popcorn machine is perfect for any kitchen, dorm room or even office!
Mueller, a kitchen equipment manufacturer from Austria, has come up with a quick way to make popcorn. Popcorn is ready in two minutes after you add it and press the button. You don’t need any oil for this recipe, but you may melt some butter in the measuring cup and use it to top off your popcorn. Despite its small size, this air popper is quite simple to clean.
- Easy to use
- Does a decent job for its price
- May cause some popped and unpopped kernels to fly out at the same time.
Best Popcorn Kernels For Hot Air Poppers
When it comes to popping popcorn with a hot air popper, you may use pretty much any kind of kernel. Here are five terrific options for popcorn kernels which include large-quantity popcorn brands with high ratings.
Orville Redenbacher Popcorn Kernel Jug, 5 LB 12 oz
- Contains 5 lb, 12 oz of Orville Redenbacher's Original Yellow Gourmet Popcorn Kernels
- Orville Redenbacher's Original Yellow Gourmet Popping Corn Kernels are premium popping at its finest, giving you delicious popcorn with a crispy outside and a tender inside
- Use Orville Redenbacher's Original Yellow Gourmet Popcorn Kernels to make a simple, wholesome popcorn snack on your stovetop, air popper, or electric popper
Orville Redenbacher Popcorn is a household name. This huge jug can store up to 5 lbs. 12 ounces. of popcorn. It also has an airtight cover. This is a tried-and-true favorite among snackers everywhere. Large, fluffy kernels came out and tasted delicious according to the tasters.
Snappy White Popcorn, 4 Pounds
- GOURMET QUALITY AND FLAVOR; enjoy the consistent quality of our flavorful white popcorn kernels.
- NON-GMO AND GLUTEN FREE; low-calorie, 100% whole-grain, high-fiber healthy popcorn snack.
- GROWN IN AMERICA’S HEARTLAND; our iowa popcorn is grown, processed and packaged since 1940.
The Snapp White is one of the most widely available brands of microwavable popcorn despite being a best-seller on Amazon. It is because it makes delicious popcorns
The non-GMO status of this fluffy white maize will be welcomed by health-conscious hot air popper users. In addition, it is a low-fat, high-fiber, and whole-grain snack option. The white kind of maize is far more popular than the yellow. It’s cultivated on the same fields in Iowa that have produced it since 1940. When it pops, it has a light, airy texture and the flavor like freshly popped popcorn.
Snappy Yellow Popcorn, 4 Pounds
- GOURMET QUALITY AND FLAVOR; enjoy the consistent quality of our flavorful popcorn with almost no un-popped kernels
- NON-GMO AND GLUTEN FREE; low-calorie, 100% whole-grain, high-fiber Snappy snack that is seriously delicious and supremely satisfying
- GROWN IN AMERICA’S HEARTLAND; our popcorn is proudly raised, processed and packaged in Iowa since 1940
Snappy is well-known for its superb customer service, so it’s difficult to go wrong with this brand of popcorn. This is another product from Snappy, with the only difference being that it’s yellow corn instead of white. The most popular kind of popcorn is yellow corn, which is liked by snackers. A hot air popper is the best way to enjoy this popcorn. It may also be popped in a microwave or any other popper you want.
Great Northern Popcorn Original Popcorn, 12.5 Pound
- Premium Gourmet Yellow popcorn kernels individually selected for their superior expansion qualities and tender flakes
- Perfect for those looking for the value of a bulk purchase.
- Recommended Cooking Instructions: Always use three parts corn to one part oil.
This 12.5 pound bag is a high-quality, big, fluffy, and soft yellow popcorn. In the event that you consume a lot of popcorn, this enormous bulk box should be plenty to keep you going. Some of these healthy popcorn topping choices may help you add some variation to your hot air popper without sacrificing the health benefits of the popcorn itself.
Trader Joe’s Organic Popping Corn
- Whole grain snack that's high in fiber.
- Low in fat and sodium.
- Certified organic & all natural.
This organic popping corn from Trader Joe’s is an inexpensive, organic non-GMO popcorn. It’s even cheaper if you buy it from a Trader Joe’s if you have one nearby. This 28-ounce bag of popped corn yields about 132 servings. Air poppers will like this organic popcorn. This is indeed a healthy and inexpensive choice.
Best oil choices for popcorn machines
You’ll need oil if you’re using a popcorn machine to make popcorn. There are a variety of oils out there, and not all are made equal. Some are better for your health and taste buds than others.
Tip: The manufacturer of your theater-style popcorn popper should provide guidelines, but in general, 1 tablespoon of oil to 14 cups of popcorn is a good rule of thumb.
Dutchman’s Popcorn Coconut Oil Butter Flavored Oil, 30oz Jar –
- DELICIOUS BUTTERY FLAVOR & AROMA; you won’t believe how mouth-watering homemade popcorn can be, and discover why so many customers keep coming back for more.
- COLORED WITH NATURAL BETA CAROTENE (found in carrots) so you can enjoy the look of theater popcorn without preservatives and chemical coloring.
- MELTS EASILY WITHOUT THE RISK OF SMOKING OR BURNING; the versatility and excellent performance of our coconut oil makes it a fantastic choice for a variety of recipes.
This oil has natural beta carotene coloring. It is the top-rated choice because aside from being a healthy choice, being vegan friendly with no trans-fat, it also makes great theater style popcorn.
Paragon Popcorn Machine Oil
- One gallon of coconut oil for popping popcorn
- Intended to be used with a Paragon popcorn machine
- Produces golden-colored popcorn with exceptional flavor and aroma
Coming from a company that also sells popcorn machines and supplies, this 1 gallon of Paragon coconut popcorn popping oil is perfect for huge batches of popcorn. Popcorn made with this sort of oil will taste just as it does at a movie theater. Beta carotene has been added to the coconut oil to make it seem reddish-orange. Because it’s so huge, the 1-gallon container doesn’t need to be chilled. It’s a definite winner in terms of health advantages.
Snappy Coconut Popping Oil
- DELICIOUS BUTTERY FLAVOR; the secret to making mouthwatering movie theater popcorn at home
- NATURALLY COLORED; beta carotene creates golden kernels without added preservatives or chemicals
- BETTER THAN BUTTER; 100% pure refined non-GMO coconut oil with zero trans fats
Coconut oil tinted with beta carotene is also available from Snappy. Snappy, an Iowa-based company, has been selling popcorn since 1940. Movie theaters’ buttery flavor and hue may be achieved using this oil. It’s available in a 15-ounce container. Moreover, it does not contain trans-fats.
Is popcorn healthy?
Popcorn is a whole grain that has been left uncooked and is high in fiber. Popcorn may also be a good source of antioxidants, according to new studies. If you don’t add any fatty toppings to your popcorn, it might be a healthy snack option.
Popcorn research and statistics
There are just 31 calories in a cup of air-popped popcorn Fiber and fat are both in the single-digits per cup, so it’s healthy to munch away. Although magnesium, potassium, and vitamin A are scarce in popcorn, the high quantities of antioxidants make up for it.
At the 243rd American Chemical Society National Meeting and Exposition in San Diego in March 2012, researchers from the University of Scranton, Pennsylvania, presented findings revealing that popcorn has greater quantities of antioxidant polyphenols than other whole-grain meals, fruits and vegetables.
Also, popcorn is a whole grain that has not been partly processed, unlike whole grain breads or cereals.
Popcorn may not be for everyone. Children under the age of five are at risk of choking on it, and some physicians advise against eating popcorn if you have diverticular disease. A research published in the “Journal of the American Medical Association” in August 2008 concluded that consuming popcorn did not enhance the chance of having diverticulitis.
The health risks of adding toppings
Air-popped popcorn may be swiftly transformed from a healthy snack into a bad one by adding harmful toppings. Popcorn with a tablespoon of butter has an additional 11 grams of fat and 102 calories.
Popcorn is often topped with salt and butter, but too much of either may be harmful to your health. . It is recommended by the American Heart Association that one consume no more than 1,500 mg of salt each day. Adding a quarter teaspoon of salt to your popcorn increases your sodium consumption by 600 milligrams.
Alternatives as healthy toppings
- Adding olive oil to your popcorn instead of saturated fat, which contributes to heart disease, is a better option if you must add fat to your popcorn. Using a mister, apply the oil to your popcorn to reduce the amount of calories it contains.
- Adding a little flavor to your popcorn without adding a lot of calories or salt is easy with a little sprinkle of Parmesan cheese, basil or oregano, chili powder, nutritional yeast, or even garlic powder.
- As an alternative, you can also add 1 cup of air-popped popcorn with cinnamon and antioxidant-rich dark chocolate shavings
What should I know about popcorn makers?
Popcorn makers come in many shapes and sizes, including silicone microwave devices and air poppers, as well as stovetop and electric types. They all create delicious popcorn in a matter of minutes and are simple to clean and store. Using a hot-air popper to create popcorn is a quick, simple, and mess-free way to enjoy your favorite snack. In addition to being simple to operate, hot-air poppers provide a calorie-free, fat-free form of popcorn.
Preparing popcorn through air-popping
Because air popping doesn’t require oil, it’s one of the healthiest methods to make popcorn, reducing the fat and calorie content of your snack. Some of the oils used in the popping process are absorbed by both pre-packaged microwave popcorn and oil-popped popcorn. According to a 2009 study undertaken by the Center for Science in the Public Interest, a large-sized popcorn at a movie theater may contain as much as 60 grams of fat.
What to look for when choosing the best hot air popcorn popperr?
There are many various types of popcorn poppers. It could be a challenge when you don’t know where to start looking for the best hot air popcorn popper. Purchasing a popcorn popper necessitates considering the following factors:
You’ll need to get the greatest popcorn machine that can create enough for everyone in the party. A 4-, 6-, or 8-ounce popcorn popper may easily feed a full family since 1 ounce of popcorn is more than enough for one person. Aside from considering the crowd, consider also your kitchen space. If your kitchen space is limited you may choose a smaller popcorn popper, but you will have to make batches of popcorn until you cater to the whole crowd.
Method of heating
Popcorn kernels will pop better or worse depending on the manner of heating used. Popcorn’s caloric, salt, and fiber levels are all determined by these factors. A variety of heating techniques are used in the production of popped corn. Microwave, hot air circulation, and hot oil mechanisms are among the most popular options available to consumers today. Air-popped popcorn is high in fiber, but microwave-cooked popcorn is heavy in calories and salt.
Basically, the popping cycle is the amount of time it takes for your popcorn machine to pop it. It’s thus important to choose a popcorn popper with quick cooking rates if you do not like waiting for the kernel to pop.
Popcorn poppers should be easy to operate and simple to assemble. The manual should also state how to properly operate the machine and its parts.
If you despise cleaning utensils, you should choose a popcorn machine that has dishwasher-safe detachable pieces.
If you want to boost the quality or efficiency of your popcorn, you should buy accessories that will address your needs and preferences.
It’s important to be sure that the guarantee on a popcorn popper is lengthy enough. In the event of a manufacturing problem, this will enable you to replace it.
Frequently asked questions
How do popcorn makers pop kernels?
Depending on the kind of popcorn machine you purchase, the specific process of popping will vary. Hot air, stovetop, and electric poppers are all available.
Popcorn made in a microwave or with hot air doesn’t need any oil. To make microwave popcorn, line the bottom of a microwave-safe bowl with popcorn kernels and cover with a vented lid. The microwave’s heat causes the corn to pop, and as it does, the bowl will fill up. Popcorn kernels are heated by a heating element and a fan in an air popper. Popcorn rises via a funnel into your serving basin as it pops.
However, popcorn machines, whether electric, stovetop, or that from the movie theater, utilize heated oil to pop the kernels and a stirring arm to keep them moving while heating and prevent them from scorching. Heating the oil may either be done by using an electric appliance or by using a burner on a stove.
What is the typical height of a popcorn maker?
The sort of popcorn machine you choose has an impact on its overall size. When deflated for storage, certain microwave popcorn makers, such as those made of silicone measure just an inch or two high.
In comparison to cart-style poppers, countertop units may be anywhere from 1-1/2 to 2-feet tall. In microwave and electric popcorn machines, the height of the bowl determines the model’s height. As a general rule, these stand between 8 and 12 inches tall on average. Movie theater-style popcorn makers are the tallest.
What’s the best way to clean a popper?
Dishwasher-safe models of microwave popcorn cookers are common. Electric types may have a dishwasher-safe popcorn bowl, but the electrical components cannot be immersed in water.
After each usage, wipe off stove top models to eliminate any remaining oil residue. Dishwasher safety is not always guaranteed for some items. Since no oil is needed, hot-air poppers are easy to clean. Clean them with a moist cloth, and any pieces that can be removed may be cleaned with warm soapy water, such as the feed chute and butter warming dish.
Moreover, you should always remember to:
- Check your model’s instruction booklet for precise cleaning instructions.
- Before cleaning your popcorn maker, turn it off, disconnect it if necessary, and allow it to cool down.
How to clean popcorn machines at movie theaters:
Wipe the machine with paper towels after each use or wash it with warm soapy water to remove any remaining oil residue.
Is air-popped popcorn a healthy choice?
Plain, air-popped popcorn is a healthy alternative to other snack alternatives. Toppings, on the other hand, may have a significant impact on whether or not air-popped popcorn is seen as a healthful snack.
Knowing what type of popcorn popper you want will help you make an informed purchase. There is wide array of choices out there, ranging from a microwave popper, an old-fashioned hot-oil popper, stovetop popcorn popper, popcorn cart, or a healthy hot-air popper. The if you’re looking for the most healthy option for popping a popcorn, it’s the hot air popcorn popper.
Last update on 2022-04-24 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API