Nothing beats spending your weekend in your backyard with your friends. Why not throw a modest pizza party?
After a long week nothing beats freshly grilled pizza from your portable outdoor pizza oven.
Parties around an open fire are usually interesting. A lovely ambiance is created by a gentle breeze and the calming aroma of cooked charcoal. It’s no surprise that backyard parties are so much fun.
Pizzas are fantastic. They’re simple to produce and can feed a large number of people at once, which is a huge plus.
On the other hand, your pizza must be flawless, which is mostly dependent on your pizza oven. Today, we’ll examine some of the top outdoor wood-fired pizza ovens. There are a lot of great new models to pick from.
Because we don’t buy pizza ovens very often, you should be familiar with the basics. As a result, we’ll go over some of the main features to assist you in finding the finest outdoor pizza oven.
Table of Contents
Top 5 best outdoor pizza ovens
It’s time to take a look at the best outdoor pizza oven kits on the market right now.
ROCCBOX by Gozney Portable Outdoor Pizza Oven
The ROCCBOX Outdoor Pizza Oven comes first on our list. Gozney, a well-known oven maker, makes it. There is much to enjoy about this product, from the design to the mobility and heat retention.
This model includes a temperature gauge that provides precise readings. It has a maximum temperature of 950 degrees Fahrenheit. Because of the high temperature, your pizza will cook faster and have a properly puffed-up dough and crusty top.
It’s a small oven that you can take with you. All you have to do now is retract the legs, and you’re ready to go. Because of its small size, you can set it up almost any place and have it ready to cook in about a minute.
It has two heating options because it works with both gas and wood. Inside, there is a gas burner. You can even add a wood burner if desired. It’s easier to clean the wood burner because it’s detachable.
There is adequate insulation to ensure that no mishaps occur. It simplifies cooking, especially for hobbyists who only use the oven once a week.
Even though it has a whole metal body, adequate insulation ensures no skin burns occur. It is the best outdoor pizza oven for home because of its user-friendly features and dual fueling options.
- Meals like steaks can be cooked at high temperatures.
- It’s simple to put together, and the retractable legs make it easier to store.
- It’s easier to clean because it’s made of stainless steel.
- The propane regulator occasionally stops flowing fuel, which is ideal for a wood fire.
Camp Chef Italia Artisan Pizza Oven
If you’re looking for a model with a small footprint, the Camp Chef Italia Artisan Pizza Oven is the model for you. It boasts a one-of-a-kind design with a stainless steel body that is fully insulated and enables easy transport and high-quality cooking. It was not overly expensive at $411.
Because of the proper heat retention, there is good value for money. A double-layered ceiling traps heat inside, allowing your pizza to cook faster. It functions similarly to a brick oven. It’s just that it’s a lot lighter and more portable.
This oven is only 47 pounds. The rated output is 17,000 BTU/hr, which compares favorably to comparable models in the same price range. The construction has adequate ventilation, which aids in more effective temperature control.
A built-in burner is also included in the oven. Micro-adjust valves allow you to control the temperature more precisely. The stainless steel body is easy to store and travel, with a double-walled structure that ensures high-quality insulation and makes cleaning the oven a breeze.
- It’s easy to store and transport because of its compact form.
- The performance is comparable to some of the more expensive versions.
- Because of its great heat retention, it is suitable for commercial application.
- There is a little temperature difference between the oven and the cooking surface, which necessitates using a temperature gun for more precise temperature control.
- Due to the slightly crowded inner space, baking a 12-inch pizza can be difficult.
Bertello Outdoor Pizza Oven
If you’re like me and watch Shark Tank, you might be familiar with this product.
If you’re looking for alternative fuel methods, whether that is propane, wood, pellets, or charcoal, this is the product for you. The versatility, diversity of how you can make your pizza and how quick it is, makes this our number one outdoor pizza oven.
It’s a portable burner that can withstand temperatures of up to 930°F. The gas burner is available separately for an extra fee. Because of its compact size, you can add wood or charcoal in the form of pellets. You would need a 2 1/2, 5 or 7 gallon tanks for propane
A cordierite stone, pellet tray, and a scoop for wood chips or charcoal pellets are all included in the burner. It’s also portable and light. Because of its outstanding insulation, you may lay it on any surface and cook it without fear.
Thanks to its deep interior and gas burner choice, it becomes a great portable burner for various items such as veggies, meat, and dessert pizzas.
- This oven is versatile because it can be used with wood and charcoal pellets.
- Excellent build quality that extends the life of the product.
- Because the gas attachment is sold separately, you will have to pay an extra fee.
- Because of its small size, turning the pizza can be a little challenging.
Ooni Pro Outdoor Pizza Oven
Ooni makes the Ooni Pro Outdoor Pizza Oven. Outdoor ovens are available from the company in a variety of sizes. It appears to be too big for a portable burner right away.
It is, however, light and boasts a user-friendly design. Because of its high chimney and stainless steel body, it’s ideal for outdoor cooking. It has great heat retention and can cook a pizza in under a minute. The temperature can reach 932 °F in as little as 20 minutes.
Even though it can reach such high temperatures, it is sufficiently insulated to ensure you do not feel the heat when cooking. Wood, charcoal pellets, and gas are just a few of the fuel alternatives.
Thanks to the spacious design, you can cook as large as a 16-inch pizza. It can also prepare dishes such as fish, meat, and vegetables.
- You can cook up to 16-inch pizzas in the roomy interior.
- Cooking many little pizzas at the same time is doable.
- The towering chimney gives it a hefty appearance and makes storage difficult.
- Compared to other models, it takes much longer to attain maximum temperature.
KettlePizza Deluxe USA Pizza Oven Kit for Kettle Grills
Among all of the ovens we’ve discussed thus far, it has a one-of-a-kind design. For better transportation, the KettlePizza Deluxe Oven comes with a carriage cart. One of its selling advantages is its capacity to convert its kettle grills into pizza ovens.
The grill might be 18.5″ or 22.5″ in diameter. Because you don’t have to open the cover to get to the food, heat retention is good. The oven’s body is made of stainless steel and is well insulated.
It may run on charcoal or hardwood fuel. A thermometer, 15″ cordierite stone, aluminum pizza peel, aluminum pan, and stainless sleeve handles are among the additional accessories.
- Even with the grate and stone, it’s light.
- Taking out pizza is made easier with an ultra-thin aluminum peel.
- Heat retention can be significantly improved.
- Because of the uneven heat distribution, the crust crisps up before the cheese melts.
Your Guide to the Best Outdoor Pizza Ovens
Do you dream of crafting the perfect pizza in the comfort of your own backyard? Look no further! Our comprehensive guide on outdoor pizza ovens will provide you with the experience, expertise, trust, and authority you need to make an informed decision. In this article, we’ll cover everything from what makes a great outdoor pizza oven to essential accessories and pro tips. Let’s dive into the world of outdoor pizza ovens and elevate your culinary skills!
Top Features of a Great Outdoor Pizza Oven
When investing in an outdoor pizza oven, there are a few key features to consider:
- Quality Materials: Choose a pizza oven made from top-notch materials to ensure durability and longevity.
- Proper Insulation: Adequate insulation affects heat retention and cooking efficiency.
- High Temperature Range: A good outdoor pizza oven should reach at least 800°F.
- Even Cooking Surface: The cooking surface should provide even heat distribution for perfect pizza every time.
Outdoor Pizza Oven Buyer’s Guide
To help you find the best model, consider these factors when choosing an outdoor pizza oven:
- Construction: Opt for steel construction with an outer layer of silicone or ceramic for added insulation and safety.
- Maintenance: Ensure that the oven is easy to maintain and clean according to your level of experience.
- Heat-Proof: Look for an oven with firebricks or refractory material for added durability.
- Ease of Use: Choose a highly recommended brand for consistently excellent results.
- Storage: Proper storage is essential for preserving your investment.
- Warranty: Check if the manufacturer offers a product warranty for added peace of mind.
- Budget: Determine your budget and consider looking for sales to save money.
- Preparation Time: Consider the pre-heating and heat retention times when choosing an oven.
- Portability: Decide if you prefer a portable or stationary pizza oven based on your needs.
- Oven Tools: Consider investing in essential pizza oven tools like a pizza peel, cleaning brush, temperature gun, and heat-resistant gloves.
Benefits of Owning a Pizza Oven
Owning a pizza oven offers numerous advantages, including:
- Fun cooking experiences for the whole family.
- Fast cooking times for perfectly crispy pizza.
- Experimentation with different flavors and wood types for unique tastes.
Pro Tips for Pizza Making
- Read the setup manual thoroughly for safety and proper operation.
- Allow time to familiarize yourself with the oven and practice your pizza-making skills.
- Preheat the oven for at least 15 minutes before cooking and allow time for the pizza stone to “recharge” between pizzas.
- Use homemade or locally-sourced pizza dough for best results.
- Is it worthwhile to invest in an outdoor pizza oven? Absolutely! A pizza oven is a unique and entertaining addition to your outdoor space.
- Can I keep a pizza oven outside? Yes, but protect it with a cover during winter or harsh weather conditions.
- Why are wood-fired pizza ovens expensive? High-quality refractory and insulation materials contribute to the cost, but they ensure durability and effectiveness.
- Are wood-fired pizza ovens safe? Yes, as long as you follow safety guidelines and maintain cleanliness.
- Can I grill in a pizza oven? Definitely! Pizza ovens are versatile and can be used for grilling, roasting, and baking.
Outdoor pizza ovens are a fantastic addition to any backyard cooking setup. With our comprehensive guide, you should now have the knowledge and confidence to choose the perfect oven for your needs. Portable wood-fired pizza ovens are an excellent choice for their affordability, ease of maintenance, and great value.
So, go ahead and start your journey towards becoming a backyard pizzaiolo, creating delicious and memorable meals for your family and friends. Enjoy the process of experimenting with different recipes, techniques, and flavors, all while creating unforgettable experiences around your outdoor pizza oven. Happy cooking!
Last update on 2024-02-24 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
This post contains affiliate links, which means I may receive a small commission, at no extra cost to you, if you make a purchase using these links.