People who love cooking are always on the hunt for advanced kitchen equipment, which will make their time in the kitchen more cherishable. Air fryers allow you to enjoy one of life’s simplest pleasures: fried food without the associated health risks. However, not everyone has the necessary space to house them. This is why we’ve compiled a list of the best small and compact air fryers.
Small air fryers
Small air fryers come in a variety of sizes and can be used to fry, roast, or bake food. These units have features such as built-in heating, a fan, and a perforated basket. A convection effect is created by the circulation of heat through their interiors, resulting in crispy food.
Their compact size reduces their footprint and allows small air fryers to fit on the counter more easily. However, this does not prevent them from cooking frozen foods, French fries, nuggets, vegetables, chicken breasts, and other things to perfection.
Our recommended best small air fryers
Regular deep fryers submerge protein-rich foods in a bath of oil, resulting in drowned food. Isn’t that very unhealthy? However, avoiding fried food is not an option. Fortunately, some of the greatest air fryers are on the scene to help. They can prepare low-fat meals that taste just as good.
The greatest little deep fryers can prepare delicious meals just as well as their larger versions. It might be difficult to choose the finest option for your kitchen with so many possibilities available.
Philips Kitchen Appliances Avance Digital Turbostar Airfryer Mini-v192
- Unique TurboStar Technology for healthier cooking and frying.
- The air fryer cooks fried food 50% more evenly
- 5 presets for most popular dishes including a keep warm function.
Hot air is the new oil in this air fryer. Philips is well-known for making reliable televisions and smart homes, and now it’s also a leader in tiny air fryers. With its advanced features and stylish appearance, this aesthetically pleasing air fryer has risen to the top of our list.
Despite the fact that it is a more expensive option, Philips’ Turbostar technology makes it suitable for healthy cooking with up to 75% less fat. Even if the food is heaped high, the small air fryer cooks everything evenly and leaves a crispy golden crust on top.
Philips Digital Turbostar is one of the best little deep fat fryers on the market since it warms up quickly and eliminates the need for preheating. But it’s the adaptability that makes this one stand out. It can grill, roast, and bake in addition to frying, so you’ll never run out of options.
Simply set the temperature with QuickControl Dial, pick the time, and click to start cooking. You may also utilize the Keep Hot option to keep the meal hot and fresh for up to 30 minutes after it’s been cooked.
Cleaning is made easy by the removable basket and dishwasher-safe alternatives.
The lack of stainless steel accents and the expensive price are the only drawbacks to this masterpiece. If you’re prepared to invest a little money on an air fryer, this one is a good choice.
- The exterior has a gleaming design.
- Turbostar technology provides instant heating.
- 3-in-1 capabilities
- Dial for Quick Control
- Keep It Hot feature
- Cleaning is a breeze with the removable basket.
- It’s more expensive than comparable air fryers.
- There are no stainless steel accents.
COSORI Air Fryer
- Want a healthy alternative to fried food? Recreate your favorite foods with 85% less oil using the COSORI air fryer. You can freely enjoy the same flavors you normally would with traditional deep-frying.
- Not sure how to cook something? Our air fryer comes with 13 one-touch cooking functions, including 11 food-specific presets, a Preheat, and a Keep Warm option. Whether you want french fries, steak, or chicken—we’ve got the preset for it.
- Portable & Compact: Place the air fryer anywhere in your kitchen. Its compact size won’t take up too much space, while still big enough to hold food for 1-3 people with its 3.7-quart basket. This air fryer is the perfect size for a college dorm or apartment.
COSORI has built a name for itself in the business thanks to their air fryer. The COSORI Air Fryer is made entirely of stainless steel and can be used to cook everything from fries to roasted meats, veggies, and even desserts.
This is the greatest tiny deep fryer you can get if you want performance and simplicity. You can choose from 11 One-Touch Presets to automatically set the temperature and time for your particular recipes, or you can customize your own settings for your own recipes.
Furthermore, the digital LED display is tilted for easier reading and a full view of the cooking action within. Aside from that, the removable basket makes cleaning the air fryer that comes into contact with your food a breeze.
It also makes plating food easier, and the nonstick surface ensures that little to no residue remains in the fryer. Because preheating takes two to five minutes, you may need to be patient. However, it takes less time to heat up than traditional ovens, so it’s not a complete waste of time.
- Easy operation
- 11 settings with just one touch
- Digital LED display
- Cleaning is a breeze with the removable basket.
- Pre-heating is required
Ninja Air Fryer
- Now enjoy guilt free food; Air fry with up to 75 percent less fat than traditional frying methods; Tested against hand cut, deep fried French fries
- Wide temperature range: 105 degree Fahrenheit to 400 degrees Fahrenheit allows you to gently remove moisture from foods or quickly cook and crisp foods with convection heat
- 4 quart ceramic coated nonstick basket and crisper plate fit 2 pounds of french fries. Cord length (feet) - 2.6
If you’re looking for something larger in the little air fryer category, the Ninja Air Fryer is ideal for a small family. Similar to the Philips’ Digital Turbostar AirFryer, you can cook guilt-free food in the fryer with 75% less fat than traditional ways.
Many people commend this model’s ceramic-coated crisp plate, which allows for equal heat dispersion throughout the machine, resulting in evenly cooked, crispy dishes. A user-friendly control panel with a digital display that lets you to select the preferred cooking mode is also a standout feature. To achieve the best results, select one of the four cooking functions and manually regulate the cooking time.
- Set the Air Fry setting if you want a crispy golden delight.
- Select Roast mode for roasted meat and vegetables.
- Select the Reheat option if you want to reheat leftovers and bring back their crispness.
- You can eliminate moisture from your food using the Dehydrate function. This aids in the preparation of ideal dried fruits, jerky, and other items.
- High-gloss sheen
- Crisp ceramic-coated plate
- Control panel that is simple to use
- Four distinct cooking functions.
- The size of this fryer is larger than that of other tiny fryers.
- It takes up considerable counter space.
T-fal Actifry Oil-Less Air Fryer
- ONLY A TABLESPOON OR LESS OF OIL to Cook all your favorite fried food (up to 2.2 pounds). Automatic rotating paddle for hassle free cooking
- SIMPLE ON / OFF SWITCH and digital countdown timer with buzzer for easy monitoring
- PTFE AND PFOA FREE removable ceramic coated nonstick pan for easy clean up
T-fal makes some fantastic, durable pots and pans that will elevate your kitchenware to new heights. T-fal has also become well-known for their high-quality T-fal Actifry Oil-Less Air Fryer. The company has employed cutting-edge technology to produce an air fryer that is light years ahead of its competitors.
The fryer has a ring-shaped basket instead of a pullout compartment that can hold a respectable amount of food. The Actifry includes a built-in stirring paddle that spins the food in the basket while hot air circulates around it. You won’t have to flip, stir, or reposition the food to ensure equal cooking because the fryer will do it for you.
Additionally, the translucent top lid allows you to see what’s within without having to open the lid. Even if you don’t keep track, the fryer’s alarm will alert you when it’s time to check. You also get a handbook and a measuring tool for precise cooking along with the air fryer.
Disassembling and washing the removable ceramic-coated pan and paddle is a breeze. The sole drawback is that the ActiFry is unable to handle liquidy foods. If the basket becomes overflowing with fluids, it will pour onto your kitchen counter from the fryer. As a result, this smart air fryer falls short when it comes to adaptability.
- Innovative design
- Built-in stirring paddle
- See-through lid
- Ceramic-coated removable pan
- I’m not a fan of liquidy foods.
Dash Compact Air Fryer
- HEALTHIER FRIED FOOD: Dash Compact Air Fryer uses AirCrisp technology (instead of oil) to help reduce added fat by 70-80%, without sacrificing the flavor of your fried food (No more residual smell hours after you’ve eaten)
- QUICK + EASY: Short on time? Simply load the 2 qt capacity fryer basket, set the temp, and set the timer. Your food comes out crispy, guaranteed, EVERY TIME. And in less time than it takes to pre-heat your oven, making it more energy efficient
- SAFER: The auto-shut off function prevents overcooking, and the cool touch housing and handle makes it safer to use. It’s so simple, even your kids can use it!
With its appealing colors and low price, the Dash Compact outshines other compact air fryers. The many color selections may compliment any kitchen decor, making it the finest tiny air fryer to gift to a friend. Despite the fact that it just has a few capabilities, this air fryer is great for beginners and infrequent users who don’t require a lot of extras.
What are your responsibilities? Simply set the temperature and time for your dish to begin cooking, and flip or stir it occasionally as needed. Cooking fried food without oil takes only a few minutes. The 1.6-quart bucket can fry enough food for two people at once, including fries, wings, desserts, and more.
On the disadvantage, because the quality is equivalent to the low price, there isn’t much longevity. You won’t have anything to complain about if you only use the fryer once a week.
- Affordably priced
- Color selections are adorable.
- This is a little basket that does the job.
- It won’t last you very long.
- For certain users, the small basket may be prohibitive.
Benefits of a small air fryer
Here’s why you’ll want to invest in a little air fryer:
To conserve space on the counter
Small air fryers take up very little counter space due to their compact size and extremely small footprint. This enables you to use them in a kitchen that is cluttered with other equipment.
To make small portions
These units have a modest capacity—less than 4-quarts—which you can use to make all of your favorite small-portion meals. This is why they are essential for small-scale families.
To prepare nutritious foods
Experts are outspoken about the different health benefits that consuming air-fried meals can provide. Lower calorie consumption, reduced belly fat build-up, and a slimmer waistline are just a few of them.
Air fryer size
Food is deep-fried in an air fryer without using much oil. You’ll only need a tablespoon at most. It employs a convection fan to fill the fryer with hot air rather than fat. As in deep-frying, the air cooks the food from the inside out while crisping the outsides.
Furthermore, the food is prepared in half the time required by traditional cooking methods. Air fryers cook more food than deep fryers but make sure it’s the proper size for your counter before you buy one. If the air fryer is overly large, it will take up a lot of valuable counter space, which may be a real pain.
The cooking capacity of each air fryer varies, and it is largely determined by the model. The smallest cooking capacity is roughly two quarts, to give you an idea. Any air fryer on our list should suffice if you just cook for a small family of two to three individuals. If you frequently prepare meals for a large group, the Ninja air fryer is the ideal little deep fryer for you.
Small air fryers
A tiny air fryer with a capacity of 1.5 to 2.75 quarts is suitable. It may be used in small kitchens, dorms, and even offices without taking up too much space on the counter. They can serve two to three people at once, and their compact form makes cleanup a breeze.
The larger the model in terms of cooking capacity, the more expensive it is. If you have short counter space and want to serve more than three people, two to three-quart air fryers are great options. Any little electric fryer can prepare all of the same delectable delicacies as their larger counterparts at a fraction of the cost and space. These small air fryers may be used to fry meats, roast vegetables, bake bread, and even make sweets.
Large air fryers
Any air fryer with a capacity of five to ten quarts is considered large and is ideal for cooking meals for family and friends. Larger fryers, on the other hand, have bulkier designs and take up more counter space. They normally allow you to prepare many recipes at once without combining the tastes. This fryer is only necessary if you’re throwing a party or cooking for a large group. A larger version will save you time and money, and the fryer can also be used for everyday meals.
What should you look for when purchasing a tiny air fryer?
Before buying an air fryer, you should ask yourself the following questions:
What kind of air fryer do you have?
These days, there are two types of air fryers on the market:
To ensure even cooking, such machines require you to manually shake the tray once every five minutes. Unless you lift off the tray, they usually won’t let you check on the development of your recipe. These air fryers work best for dishes that would ordinarily be grilled or fried in a shallow pan. Chicken, grilled fish, meatballs, and crumbed foods are examples of such foods.
These models are quite simple to operate. They have a viewing window that allows you to monitor the cooking process without interfering with it. Some of these systems additionally include a revolving bowl that rotates the dish inside automatically. They have a larger capacity than pull-out trays and allow you to cook a whole chicken at once.
What control options does the air fryer provide?
One of the following two controls are available on small air fryers:
Simple dial models don’t allow you to do much more than alter the time and temperature. They are simple to use and allow you to select a time limit of 5 to 60 minutes. Air fryers with basic dials, on the other hand, are limited in terms of functionality. They don’t have an LED display or pre-programmed cooking settings, which are available on digital touchpad models.
Nearly all of the air fryers we recommend in this review have digital touchpads. They come with a touchscreen control panel, an LED display, and a variety of other useful icons to assist you in the kitchen. Pre-programmed cooking functions are also available in certain models. They also include a variety of modes, such as shake, preheat, and stay warm. Some of them might even be able to communicate with your smartphone.
What is the size of your family?
This question may influence your decision in the following ways:
1 to 2 people
Is your dining table rarely occupied by more than two people? An air fryer with a capacity of up to 1.2 quarts may be sufficient to fulfill your needs. This is why. Models with such a small capacity will let you create food in little portions. They’ll also take up less space on your counter due to their compact size.
3 to 4 people
Do you frequently prepare meals for three to four people? In such a situation, a model that can hold and prepare up to 3.4 quarts of food may be required. This is why we’re advising you to do so. These air fryers would allow you to cook medium-sized portions all at once, saving you time. They can be used to air fry fish and chicken breast parts. However, keep in mind that they will not be compact.
What kinds of things can you make in an air fryer?
You can make French fries, nuggets, and onion rings in almost all top-rated air fryers. You can also roast hard vegetables, bake cakes, and barbecue meat with them. Some of them even allow you to try your hand at producing sweet potato crisps and crunchy greens. However, versions that allow for grilling and roasting may necessitate the usage of other accessories. Depending on the manufacturer, the accessories may be included in the fryer’s package. However, the majority will advise you to buy them separately.
How long does the air fryer come with a warranty?
The majority of the products in this evaluation come with a two-year warranty. Some of them sweeten the pot even more by including a money-back guarantee. However, this is only true for the best tiny air fryers. We’ve encountered inexpensive versions with guarantee durations of only one to two months.
Almost all of the top mini air fryers have the following features:
- Simple to use: Air fryers with a LED display and one-touch cooking are simple to use. They have clearly marked icons of the foods you can make in them. This eliminates the need for guesswork when utilizing these units.
- Multi-use: These models include at least two levels, allowing you to make two different sorts of dishes at the same time. They also have a toaster oven or microwave built-in, allowing you to roast, grill, or even bake.
- Front drawer: For loading and unloading the food, some air fryers have flip-top lids. Others have drawers on the front. Models with drawers are far more practical and safe to use.
- Presets for cooking include: The more cooking presets you have, the easier it is to prepare your favorite cuisine, as you only have to click a single button, with the air fryer automatically selecting time and temperature.
- Parts that can be washed in the dishwasher: Do you appreciate the notion of cleaning the air fryer’s interior by hand after it has cooked your favorite food? We don’t know either. As a result, your model must contain parts that can be washed in the dishwasher.
- Dimensions: Because of their little cooking capacity, small air fryers have no excuse for having a large footprint. However, some versions are large and hefty, taking up a lot of space on your counter. Avoiding them would be beneficial.
What meals should you cook in an air fryer?
The following meals are commonly cooked in air fryers:
- French fries
- Chicken nuggets
- Lamb chops
- Chicken breast
What can you do to get the most out of your air fryer?
To get the most out of your air fryer, follow these guidelines:
- Before you put your meal in it, preheat.
- Grease the basket with oil on a regular basis to prevent anything from sticking.
- To promote consistent browning, shake the basket during cooking.
- To get the crispiest results, use as little oil as possible.
- If you don’t cook in batches, the air won’t circulate properly, and the food won’t get crispy.
Is a 2-quart air fryer insufficient?
It appears to be pretty little. If you wish to cook meals for two or more people, it isn’t quite enough. If it’s just you, however, there’s no problem. However, for more comfortable meals, search for a small capacity air fryer that holds up to 4 quarts.
Do I need any additional accessories?
It is strongly advised that you have an oil sprayer in addition to your fryer. By now, you should have a good sense of which of these air fryers would be the best addition to your kitchen arsenal. They’re all smaller than the 2.7-quart size recommended for smaller air fryers, and you’ll be surprised at how much food you can fit inside these portable home appliances.
A tiny air fryer will make your guilty enjoyment of eating fried food guilt-free. Air-fried food is healthier because it cuts down on calories by reducing the amount of oil used in your meals. Even though it’s air fried, we don’t think eating fries and pizza every day is a good idea. So, roast your meat, crisp up your zucchini, and prepare delicious sweets for yourself and your loved ones with these amazing air fryers. Know what you want and make a decision based on that.
Last update on 2022-01-17 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API