Searching for a top-notch lawn mower? Look no further than Snapper, a brand that has built its reputation on reliability and efficiency in lawn maintenance. Snapper has consistently rolled out a range of high-quality lawnmowers that users trust and prefer over numerous competitors.
Say goodbye to cheap mowers and invest in a Snapper mower as soon as possible.
In this editorial, we’ll explore eight standout Snapper lawnmowers and key features that elevate this brand above the rest.
A Quick Look at Snapper’s Series
SP Series: Essential, Yet Efficient
If you’re all about getting the essential features without unnecessary bells and whistles, the SP Series is right up your alley. Boasting Briggs & Stratton engines, these mowers come with essential functions like bagging, mulching, and side discharge. Prices for the SP series start at $269 and go up to $398.
HI VAC Series: For That Professional Finish
Renowned for its precision cutting and bagging options, the HI VAC series is a premium choice. What sets it apart is a built-in vacuum feature that cleans up small debris, offering a neat and tidy lawn. The starting price for these high-efficiency models is $479.
NINJA Series: Your Eco-Friendly Solution
The NINJA series makes mulching a breeze by instantly recycling your grass clippings back to the lawn as you mow. Equipped with heavy-duty OHV engines and six cutting height options, they average around $549 in price.
Commercial Snapper Mowers: The Industrial Choice
For those with extensive lawn care needs, especially commercial properties, Snapper offers industrial-grade models starting at $719.
8 of the best Snapper lawn mowers
After thorough market research and information gathering, we narrowed it all down to the top 8 lawn mowers by Snapper.
1. Snapper XD 82V MAX Electric Cordless Lawnmower
First, we have the Snapper XD 82V MAX, an electric cordless lawn mower. You can do quick jobs with its powerful motor. It also sports a 21-inch steel cutting deck that can handle optimal speeds for mulching, bagging, and side discharge of lawn clippings.
It is also integrated with load-sensing technology, plus a push-to-start button. You have the liberty to choose your desired lawn cut with the 7 cutting options that it comes with. This model is also constructed with durable materials for both the exterior and interior components.
- Easy to install and use
- Seven height adjustments
- Maximum run time is 45 minutes
- Consumes a lot of power when mowing tough grass and can reduce the running time as a result
2. Snapper CRP218520 / 7800968 Commercial Series Lawn Mower
This is the first commercial-type mower on the list. As we said before, lawnmowers intended for commercial use are generally built with heavy-duty components. This one is powered by an 850 professional series engine with high-speed features.
It also has a 14-gauge steel mowing deck along with 6 powerful cutting surfaces. You can adjust the cutting height from 1.25” to 4 “ inches and drive it in reverse. This mower model is under the NINJA series with a tough mulching capability.
- Easy to install and use
- Sturdy deck and wheel adjustment levers
- Works well on uneven terrain
- Efficient mulching
- Does not come with a bag
3. Snapper HD 48V MAX Electric Cordless Lawnmower
This mower certainly has a unique design, cordless mechanism, and power. Speaking of power, this mower sports a high-torque electric motor plus a load sensing technology.
It also has 7 cutting positions that users can choose from, with steel mowing decks that measure up to 20 inches. The mower has premium materials and options for bagging, mulching, and side discharge. With this mower, you can achieve a pristine look for your lawn with ease.
- Easy installation and operation
- Cordless battery
- 3-in-1 steel deck function
- Not a lot of color variants
4. Snapper Rear Wheel Drive Commercial Series Lawn Mower
Powered by a Honda GXV160 OHV engine, this rear-wheel commercial mower by Snapper has the best performance in the series.
It has a 14-gauge steel Hi VAC mowing deck with an adjustable cutting height of 1.25 to 4 inches. The remarkable blade style and rolled deck edge enable you to cut grass smoothly. The mower also has good maneuverability.
- Quieter for a gas-fueled engine
- Easy to assemble
- Convenient height adjustment
- Pull to start mechanism
- 3-in-1 mowing option
- Lasting Briggs and Stratton 850 Skilled Sequence engine
- Spacious bag
- Powerful vacuum
- Can handle different terrains
- Contaminates air
- Package doesn’t include attachments for mulching and discharging
- High maintenance
- Top-edge bag opening might blow the dust towards you
5. Snapper 2911525BVE Classic Riding Mower
If you have a large yard and are looking for a riding mower to handle the job, you may want to look at the Snapper 2911525BVE. The engine boosts the blade speed for cutting grass quickly and smoothly.
Since it is a riding mower, it is integrated with an anti-vibration feature for the driver’s comfort and a ReadyStart technology for convenience when starting the mower.
It can also make its way around tight spaces with its vertical stand-on edge. The disc drive transmission also helps a lot in powering the spinning plate.
- Optimal size for average lawns
- Can reach tight spaces
- ReadyStart technology
- Comes with stand for vertical storing
- Vertical standing makes cleaning and oil change operations easier
- Can drive on uphill terrains
- Simple speed changing controls
- Adjustable mowing height
- Heavyweight and requires assistance when you tilt it
6 Snapper RP2185020 / 7800981 Self-Propelled Lawn Mower
Here is another self-propelled mower by Snapper. An 850 professional series engine powers this one. It is also integrated with ReadyStart technology for convenience during use.
It has pretty much the same features as the conventional mowers, like a 21-inch steel mowing deck, 6 cutting options, and 7 cutting height adjustment settings as well.
This one falls under the NINJA mulching blade series, and you can choose between 1.25 to 4 inches for the grass height you prefer.
- Easy handling, driving, and assembly
- ReadyStart technology and a superior propulsion system
- Needs to be driven at low speed in small areas
7. Snapper 2691402 360z Zero Turn Mower
Lastly, the Snapper 2691402 360z is ideal for use in large yards. The cutting deck of this model is engineered for heavy-duty use and smooth finishes.
A unique characteristic of this riding mower is that it is foot-operated and comes with 13 cutting height options. The mowing blade is also made of premium welded steel that efficiently cuts your grass and gives your lawn a fresh, new look.
- Convenient and versatile to use
- Unique maneuverability
- Heavy-duty mowing deck
- Carburetor tends to malfunction but can be easily serviced
8. Snapper 12AVB2A2707 21″ Self-Propelled Gas-Powered Mower
This self-propelled gas-powered mower by Snapper is one of the top-performing models in the market today. Its 163cc OHV 725EXi series engine is a product of Briggs and Stratton, known for building quality engines for heavy-duty machinery.
It also has ReadyStart technology and does not emit much noise during operation. The noise level is only 97.9 dB, which is already low for a gas-powered mower.
Other features include a 21-inch blade that can be adjusted to one of the six cutting options. The handle makes for easy handling.
5 Features That Make Snapper Stand Out
- Disc Driven Transmission: Provides speed and wheel torque, effective on uneven terrains.
- Briggs & Stratton Engine: Known for quality and durability.
- Quiet Power Technology: Reduces noise by up to 50%.
- ReadyStart System: For effortless startups.
- Premium Steel Decks: Guarantees durability.
Before You Buy: What to Consider
There is a wide variety of Snapper lawn mowers in the market today, and you can choose from different shapes, sizes, colors, and functions. It’s easy to get lost in the vastness of the selection.
But before you make this big of a purchase, you have to know what to look for and how to determine the quality of the product. Let us share the factors you need to consider before you make a final decision.
Your top priority should be the engine because this will drive the entire mower’s performance. We strongly recommend a mower equipped with a Briggs and Stratton engine for top-notch performance. Low-quality mowers might jeopardize the beauty of your lawn instead of tidying it up.
This is very important, especially for electric-powered mowers that use lithium-ion batteries to work. Battery life determines how long you can use the mower at a single charge, equating to the amount of work that can be done. Check out this link for more information on battery-powered lawn mowers.
Good quality blades are vital when selecting a mower. The blade is what does the mowing job, so you need to make sure that it is of high quality. The blades of Snapper lawn mowers are known for their great performance, so you can be sure that your lawn will have a great finish after mowing.
As far as we know, Snapper is the only company with noise reduction technology built into their mowers. It’s also important to note that electric mowers tend to be less noisy than gas-powered lawn mowers.
Cutting width and height
The cutting width and height are also significant factors regarding lawn mower quality. You should also know these specifications and their implications for how your mowing job is going to go.
Snapper lawn mowers generally have large cutting blades so that they will work well for large yards. You should remember that the bigger the area you need to cover, the bigger the deck size required for you to finish the job easily and quickly.
However, if your yard is quite small and has many roadblocks, you should opt for mowers with smaller deck sizes or simply a lightweight lawn mower so it’s easy for you to maneuver around the blockages. Cutting heights of lawn mowers are typically adjustable, so you do not have to worry because you have a lot of control in this aspect.
More important points before buying Snapper mowers:
- Starting point: Upon purchase, we suggest that you give the engine a try before actually paying for the product.
- Check that all components and the engine’s functionality are intact.
- If you fail to check the starting point, it may not perform as well as you expect when you use it on the actual job.
- Handle: There are lawn mowers that have handles. Choose one that is most comfortable for you.
- When opting for mowers without a handle, it may be inconvenient for you as you won’t have anything to hold on to when operating and transporting the mower. It may also be uncomfortable to use.
- Wheels: Depending on the terrain in which you will use the mower, make sure that the wheels can handle the surfaces or uphill slopes, if there are any.
- See to it that the threads are intact on the tires and that the wheels are not worn down.
- Air filter: Engines usually have air filters that protect them from dirt and debris when they mow. The presence of air filters adds to the lifespan of the engine.
Regardless of the high performance of a mower, it doesn’t matter if it’s not safe to use. What good does it do if you have a top-quality mower but are also jeopardizing your well-being? Look for an emergency safety switch on the engine or even a hydraulic brake so you can stop the mower if there is a need to.
When it comes to lawn care, Snapper has remained a constant go-to for both homeowners and professionals alike. With various models to choose from, superior design, and reliable performance, Snapper provides quality you can trust. From their affordable SP series to their high-end commercial models, Snapper offers a wide range of options tailored to meet various needs. Choose wisely, and your Snapper lawn mower will keep your yard looking pristine for years to come.
How long does a single battery charge take?
Depending on the model, it can vary from thirty minutes to two hours. SBA models may take more or less an hour for a full charging cycle. HD and XV models usually only take 30 minutes.
What is the average run time of the batteries of Snapper lawn mowers?
Two factors determine the run time: the usage and the mower specifications. It also depends on whether the mower is gas-powered, corded, or cordless. You can find the mower specs indicated on the product manual included in the package.
How do you properly store the lithium-ion batteries of Snapper mowers?
Any room with proper ventilation away from heat and moisture can be a good place to store lithium-ion batteries. You have to remember to take it out of the charging port after charging to avoid overcharging it and risking reducing its lifespan.
Where are Snapper electric lawn mowers made?
Snapper manufactures their electric lawnmowers in their factories in America.
Where can I find spare parts for Snapper lawn mowers?
You can visit the nearest Snapper shop in your area. Please buy spare parts directly from Snapper and have your mower repaired by them as well. There should be a dealer’s contact information included in the mower manual.
Last update on 2024-02-24 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
This post contains affiliate links, which means I may receive a small commission, at no extra cost to you, if you make a purchase using these links.