Yummy Holiday Recipe for Leftover Turkey During the Holidays
Leftovers are one of the best things about the holidays, but it can be a challenge to put a new spin on the same foods after the big meal. Turkey sandwiches are tasty, but that seems more like a lunch idea. And, if the family baked a large turkey, it’s nice to have some extra turkey recipes in the recipe file.
There are many Southern casserole recipes featuring turkey, but this one is super easy. After cooking up a storm for Thanksgiving, Christmas or any other holiday, it’s nice to have something simple but still with that comfort food feeling.
Easy Turkey Casserole Recipe
- 1 package stuffing mix with herbs like Pepperidge Farms (8 ounce size)
- 1 can cream mushroom soup (10 ounce size)
- 2 cups turkey broth
- 2 eggs beaten well
- 2 ½ cups cooked turkey cut or broken into bite sized pieces
- ½ cup milk
- Toss the dry stuffing mix with half the can of condensed mushroom soup (undiluted).
- Add the turkey broth and eggs and mix well.
- Spread the stuffing mixture out in the bottom of a 11 x 7 inch or similar sized casserole dish buttered or sprayed with Pam non-stick spray.
- Sprinkle the turkey evenly over top of the stuffing mixture.
- Mix together the leftover half a can of mushroom soup and the milk.
- Pour the soup/milk mixture evenly over top of the turkey.
- Cover casserole with lid or with aluminum foil.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 45 minutes or until set and cooked through.
*Note: This recipes can also be made with chicken and with chicken broth or a combination such as turkey with canned chicken broth in place of the turkey broth.