On a hot summer day, nothing beats a refreshing slushie. The best way to beat the heat is with a cold slush indeed. Below are three quick and straightforward ways to make your very own cup of slushie.
Even with no slushie machine, you can easily create a slushie at home. We’re going to show you three alternative ways to make fantastic slushies at home. Using a blender or mixer, ice cubes, or a slushie machine are all options.
It is, without a doubt, the ideal way to cool yourself on a hot summer day. You may choose from a variety of tastes, including both alcoholic and fruit slush recipes.
Different ways to make a slushy
Using a blender to make a slushie
If you’re wondering how to make a slushie in a blender, we’ve got you covered. To begin, gather all of the necessary components for the slushies. Make sure you have plenty of ice in your fridge and the flavor you want. You’ll also need a good blender; we use the Vitamix, which has never failed us. Making slushies with a blender is simple and straightforward. You may save a lot of money while providing your children with tasty icee drinks at home.
- Variable Speed Control: Easily adjust speed to achieve a variety of textures. The dial can be rotated at any point during the blend, so you’re in complete control
- Large Batches: The size and shape of the self-cleaning 64-ounce container is ideal for blending medium to large batches. Design Feature : Radial cooling fan and thermal protection system
- Hot Soup: The blades in the Vitamix container reach speeds fast enough to create friction heat, bringing cold ingredients to steaming hot in about six minutes
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 cups chilled water
- 4 cups ice
- 1/3 cup of frozen fruit flavor
- Time to prepare: 5 minutes
- To begin, combine all of the ingredients in a blender.
- Blend on high for 2 minutes, or until the texture is smooth.
- With a spoon, combine all of the ingredients and check to see if they are completely blended.
- Because the slushie mixture is still fresh and frozen, serve it right away.
Using ice cubes to make a slushie
Ice cubes are the second way to make a slushie. You can make the perfect frozen slush drink in minutes only by utilizing ice cubes as the main ingredient. Using juice, soda, kool aid, or anything else, this approach will show you how to produce a quick slushie with ice cubes.
- A fruit drink or any other chilled beverage
- Ice cubes
- 2 bags of plastic
- Time to prepare: 5 minutes
- Fill the bag with fruit juice.
- To begin, pour the fruit juice into a plastic bag, making sure that the bags are sealable.
- Place the juice bag in a separate plastic bag.
- Place the juice-filled plastic bag from the first step into a second plastic bag.
- Combine the ice and salt in a mixing bowl.
- Continue by filling the outer bag with ice and salt and sealing it from the top.
- Shake the outer bag with your hands for 3-4 minutes after sealing it. While shaking the bag, the liquid drink will turn into a slushie.
- The slushy is ready to serve after 3 to 5 minutes of shaking the bag. Remove the outer bag, open the inner bag, and serve the ice slush drink.
If you don’t get the texture you want, simply add a little more ice and salt to achieve the texture you want. You may use the same method with any beverage, including soda, wine, and fruit juices.
Using a slushie machine to make a slushie
Now we’ll show you how to make wonderful slushies with a slushie machine, which is our third and last method. A slushie machine is your best bet if you’re seeking for a means to make the best, most ideal tasting slushies at home.
To begin, you’ll need a slush machine, which we recommend the Nostalgia Margarita & Slush Machine for. It’s a little, compact equipment that’s really useful and can be used anywhere in the kitchen. You can put it behind the curtains or in the kitchen cupboards. This gadget may be taken anywhere you want to throw a party.
- LARGE CAPACITY: Makes up to 1-gallon for your favorite slush drinks and margaritas - perfect for parties or large gatherings.
- STAINLESS STEEL BLENDING CAGE: Patented stainless steel shaving-blending cage finely shaves beverage into a delicious slurry
- DOUBLE-WALL INSULATION: Clear double-wall construction keeps drinks cold for hours
- Chilled water
- Sweet syrup
- Time to prepare: 5 minutes
- Fill the slush machine halfway with liquid, water, sweetener, and cooled water.
- Start the machine.
- The machine’s cooling system will cool the ingredients, and you’ll have the perfect slushie drink in minutes.
Kool Aid Slushie
- 3 minute prep time
- 3 minutes in total
- Calories: 97 kcal/serving
In the summer, youngsters will enjoy these Kool Aid slushies. These slushies made with Kool Aid are incredibly simple to prepare. The kids will be ecstatic after you teach them how to create a slushie!
- 2 cups of cold water
- 1 packet of kool-aid
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 4 cups ice cubes
- In a blender, combine all of the ingredients in the order stated.
- Blend until completely smooth.
- Serve with a straw and, if desired, a spoon in four glasses.
- 1/2 to 2 cups chopped fresh fruit
- 1 cup of ice (or depending on the fruit used)
- 1/4 cup sparkling water
- Extra herbs, spices, or other flavoring ingredients
- Fruits should be washed and chopped as follows: Wash and slice the fruit into manageable bits. Any pits should be discarded. Peels can be left on or removed, depending on your preference. To make sure you have 1 1/2 to 2 cups of fruit, measure it out.
- In a blender, combine the following ingredients: combine the diced fruit, 1 cup of ice, and the sparkling water. Add any flavoring additives now, such as mint or lemon juice, if you’re using them.
- Blend on high speed until the mixture resembles a slushie: Blend on high until the ice is smashed and the fruit is well combined. Check the texture and, if necessary, add more ice or fruit to achieve the ideal slushie consistency. If the fruit you’re using has a lot of water in it (like watermelon), the amount of ice you’ll need may change. The proportion of 1 1/2 cup fruit to 1 cup ice is a fantastic starting point.
- Pour it into a glass and enjoy! The greatest way to enjoy a slushie is to drink it straight away! The more you wait, the less slushie-like consistency they will have.
You can substitute various non-Kool-aid drink powders. We’ve employed flavors like Starburst, cotton candy, and bubble gum. Cotton candy and bubble gum flavors are liquids, not powders so you’ll need a quarter teaspoon. A&W Root Beer drink mix is one of the kids’ favorites. However, the powder variant is only available at Walmart and not at Kroger.
If you don’t care much about kool-aid, there’s always Coca-Cola, which we all enjoy. A coke slushie is easy to create. Another wonderful alternative is Gatorade slush or a coffee slushie if you need a boost of energy. And for the brave, there’s always the option of trying the legendary Pickle Juice Slush recipe!
To make the flavor pop, you don’t need much. If you’re using herbs, a couple of leaves will suffice. Consider a tablespoon of honey if you like things sweet.
- Mint: a great complement to watermelon and other tropical fruits.
- Basil: adds a nice zing to berries!
- Honey: adds sweetness, especially when using tart fruits.
- Lime: great with mango and pretty much everything else!
- Lemon: gives any slushie a hint of frozen lemonade flavor.
- Vanilla extract: works well with mango slushies.
- Ginger: we all know this goes with anything, and that includes our slushies.
Can I add alcohol?
Adults enjoy these cocktails as well, and if you want to add a little alcohol, such as vodka, add roughly 1/2 cup to the blender along with the other ingredients. During the summer, we like to combine lemonade powder and tequila.
For our chosen consistency and the type of ice cubes we use, we know the ideal ice-to-soda ratio. This is represented in the recipes we’ve shared. However, you can adjust it to your preferences by adding more or less ice.
Serve right away for the greatest effects. If you’re not going to eat it right away, put it in the fridge or freezer to keep it cool.
This recipe makes around 3 cups, which is enough for 3 servings for us. With the exception of the ice, you can simply quadruple the recipe by doubling all of the components. You might not need as much ice as you think.
Slushies, unfortunately, are difficult to store. The ice will melt if you keep them in the refrigerator, and if you put them in the freezer, they will completely freeze.
There you go! Try our recipes and incorporate our tips to have the best slushie session at home. It’s not only a delicious treat, but a great way to bond with your family and friends. Enjoy!
Last update on 2022-04-24 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API