Imagine a cozy night in, filled with the mouthwatering aroma of homemade pizza. Now, picture a creamy, velvety homemade Alfredo sauce, a doughy crust, and a savory combination of spinach and cheese.
We’re not just talking about any pizza, but a spinach Alfredo pizza that combines the best of two worlds—pizza and pasta—in one delightful dish. While pepperoni pizza is a classic, why not shake things up a bit?
This Spinach Alfredo Pizza recipe offers a delightful change, with its creamy parmesan flavor perfectly complementing the spinach and other toppings. If you’re seeking an alternative that’s just as satisfying but brings a different twist to your pizza night, this green delight is a must-try.
Table of Contents
First, let’s gather the necessary ingredients:
- 1 cup Alfredo sauce (store-bought or homemade)
- 1 package of chopped spinach, thawed, or about 30 spinach leaves
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, shredded
- 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 can of pizza dough, such as Pillsbury’s pizza crust
- 1 lb chicken tenders, uncooked (optional)
- 1 tomato, sliced (optional)
- 1/2 cup sliced mushrooms (optional)
- 1/4 cup sun-dried tomato chunks (optional)
- 1 tablespoon pesto sauce (optional)
- Chicken seasonings (garlic salt, chicken rub, oregano, basil…)
Now that we have everything ready, let’s move on to the cooking process.
Preparing the Base
- Start by preheating your oven to 425°F. Meanwhile, flatten and spread the pizza dough on a greased cookie sheet or pizza pan, according to your desired thickness.
Cooking the Toppings
- If you’re using chicken tenders, cut them into small pieces and sauté in a pan with your chosen seasonings until they’re fully cooked. Once done, set them aside.
- For the spinach, if you’re using fresh leaves, chop them into little pieces. Combine the chopped spinach (either fresh or frozen), Alfredo sauce, and pesto (if using) in a mixing bowl. Spread this mixture evenly over the dough, leaving some room around the edges for the crust to rise.
Assembling the Pizza
- If you choose to use them, arrange the tomato slices, mushroom slices, and sun-dried tomato chunks over the sauce on the crust. Add the cooked chicken pieces on top.
- Now it’s time for the cheese. Sprinkle the shredded mozzarella and parmesan cheese evenly over the top of your assembled pizza.
Baking and Serving
- Bake your pizza in the preheated oven for about ten minutes, or until the cheese is nicely melted and the crust is golden brown. Once ready, remove it from the oven, let it cool a bit, slice it up, and serve!
Customizing Your Spinach Alfredo Pizza
This recipe is incredibly versatile. The main distinction between this pizza and others, like a barbecue chicken pizza, is the sauce. However, you can experiment with different toppings to complement the creamy Alfredo sauce. Seafood lovers can turn this into a seafood pizza by adding shrimp or grilled fish. If it pairs well with Alfredo pasta, it will likely be a delicious addition to this pizza.
While the essential components of this pizza are the dough, spinach, Alfredo sauce, and cheese, the addition of tomato and chicken toppings adds a further depth of flavor. Sprinkling Parmesan cheese on top before serving gives it an extra touch of indulgence.
This Spinach Alfredo Pizza is more than just a recipe—it’s a culinary adventure. It provides an opportunity to try something different, to play around with flavors and ingredients, and to create a dish that’s uniquely yours. Remember, cooking is all about having fun and enjoying the process. So, don’t hesitate to get creative with this recipe. Whether you stick to the basics or add your own twist, this pizza is guaranteed to bring joy to your table.
As you sink your teeth into the creamy, cheesy, spinach-topped slice, you’ll wonder why you didn’t try this delightful twist on pizza sooner. So why wait? Get your ingredients ready, preheat that oven, and prepare to fall in love with Spinach Alfredo Pizza. Happy cooking!