Looking for a delicious Guacamole recipe to serve at a party?
Looking for a quick and easy Guacamole dip recipe for the Super Bowl?
The Sweet and Spicy Guacamole recipe blends fresh vegetables with a few unexpected ingredients to make a delicious dip for Super Bowl parties and other group gatherings. This dish contains just the proper amount of sweet heat to make any appetizer tasty. The components can be readily changed to make the heat higher or gentler.
Ingredients for Sweet and Spicy Guacamole Dip
- 4 ripe avocados
- 1 small Vidalia onion, diced
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 1/3 cup fresh chives, chopped
- 1 small Jalapeno, finely chopped (optional)
- 1 Tbs sour cream
- 2 tsp lime juice
- 1/2 cup favorite chunky salsa
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp honey
- 1/4 tsp salt
Directions for Sweet and Spicy Guacamole Dip
- Use a sharp knife to cut each avocado in half. Bring the knife down firmly into the avocado seed and gently twist to remove. With the knife, make vertical cuts in the soft part. Then create horizontal cuts across the first cuts.
- Use a spoon to run along the edge between the edible part of the avocado and the skin. The inside will fall out smoothly. Pour the lime juice over the avocado and toss to coat. Set aside.
- In a small skillet, sauté the Vidalia onion and red pepper flakes over medium heat until the onions have completely caramelized. Any sweet onion can be substituted. If the strong bite of the onion is preferred, skip the caramelizing.
- To ease the measuring and pouring of the honey, lightly spray the measuring cup with a nonstick spray. Add it to the caramelized onions to aid in thinning the honey so it will be easier to incorporate it into the Guacamole dip.
- Mash the avocado with a fork. The avocado should be slightly lumpy. Add the tomato, Jalapeno, sour cream, and salsa and combine well. Picante sauce can substitute the salsa. Keep in mind that if a medium to hot salsa or picante sauce is chosen, the dip will be much hotter than normal because of the heat from the Jalapeno and red pepper flakes.
- Mix in the onion mixture. Add the chives and the salt. Check the flavor. More salt may be needed. Chill in the fridge until time to serve.
This recipe serves as a delightful dip as well as a condiment for a variety of cuisines. Mini tacos, bite-size quesadillas, and finger fajitas are ideal for dipping in this Guacamole. Guacamole dip is best served with tortilla chips, crackers, and fresh vegetables.