A wonderfully-sliced meat is a vital addition to any meal. Not only will it make the dish look appealing, it also contributes to the overall experience of enjoying the food. And nothing creates a great meat slice than having your own meat slicer.
Meat slicers are a great tool to have in your kitchen to make your meat slicing needs a breeze. This is also not limited only to meat. They can also slice cheese, vegetables, and a lot of other foods quicker than the conventional method of slicing.
Another great thing about having a meat slicer is that you can have control over how thick you want the food to be. In this article, we will narrow down 9 brands of meat slicers and give you reviews about each one to help you decide which one suits you best.
Our best meat slicers picks
1. Chef’s Choice 615A Electric Meat Slicer
- VERSATILE: This rugged slicer features all structural components made of cast aluminum and stainless steel
- POWER: Extraordinary powerful high torque motor with gear drive
- SLICING: Tilted food carriage for fast and efficient slicing. A special button secures food carriage in lock position to limit access to blade when unit is not in use
When it comes to smooth slicing, the Chef’s Choice 615A Electric Meat Slicer is our best bet. This model has been tested for bread, cheese, and vegetables and performed very well. The material is cast aluminum and stainless steel and runs on 120 watts.
The stainless steel blade measures 7 inches and is also detachable for easy cleaning. The motor of the slicer features high torque power and the gear drive also performs wonderfully. There is a built-in compartment for the food as well as a food pusher for transport and storage within the machine. It is big enough to carry those large roasted hams.
- Stainless steel blade and aluminum overall structure
- Can slice fruits, vegetables, bread, cheese, etc.
- Removable blade
- High torque power for the motor and gear drive
- Not so visually appealing
2. Best Meat Slicer Consumer Reports: BESWOOD 10” Premium Chromium-Plated Electric Meat Slicer
- Premium Chromium-plated Steel Blade with protection against corrosion
- There is no need to sharpen the blade frequently
- Double Illuminated ON/OFF Switch 24V to avoid power shock for best protection
Looking for a home meat slicer that can perform as well as commercial models do? We believe that the BESWOOD 10” Premium Chromium-Plated Electric Meat Slicer will suit your preference. The aluminum and stainless steel coat of the meat slicer’s structure makes it quite heavy and bulky but it also makes the slicer durable and long-lasting.
The blade is a combination of stainless steel and chromium metal that can cut your meat smoothly to your desired size and thickness. According to most customers who bought the meat slicer on Amazon, the blade does not need frequent sharpening as well. Some even said that they have not sharpened theirs since they bought it and have been using it for months. The feeder of the meat slicer is V-shaped and does not produce much noise when vibrating. This model works well in cutting up large meat chunks because of its large and sharp blade but it may be a bit of a hassle to remove when it’s time to clean it. .
- Performs like a commercial meat slicer
- Durable build
- Heavy-duty slicer
- Blade can be difficult to remove
3. Elite Platinum EMT-503B Ultimate Meat Slicer
- DAZZLE YOUR FRIENDS & FAMILY WITH THE MOST DELICIOUS FINELY-SLICED MEATS with the Elite Platinum premium electric meat slicer, which is specifically designed to help you save precious time, effort and money! How? Now you don’t have to go to the store and get sliced meat or cheese anymore! You can easily do it yourself at home with our user-friendly food slicer, No Dishwasher Safe
- PRECISELY CUT SALAMI, HAM, MORTADELLA, CHORIZO OR PEPPERONI with our multipurpose and reliable meat slicer, which will allow you to enjoy your favorite cold cuts, hard cheeses, fruit, vegetables or even bread like never before! All you have to do is adjust the desired thickness for your food! You can easily choose from razor-thin to ½” slices and start slicing like a pro!
- A MUST-HAVE KITCHEN ACCESSORY FOR EVERY MODERN HOUSEHOLD! Have you ever thought how easier your life would be if you had a practical meat slicer at your disposal? Whether you are planning a wine-tasting night with your friends, a Christmas party with your family or just want to make yummy sandwiches for your kids every single day, our meat slicer is a must-have!
The Elite Platinum series comes up with yet another strong contender with the EMT-503b Ultimate Meat Slicer that is both cost-effective and top-performing. Cutting up meat is a breeze with this 7.5 inches of rust-resistant stainless steel blade. You can also cut other types of food like sandwiches, appetizers, and a variety of other snacks.
Customers who purchased the item from Amazon were more than satisfied with the product, saying that they have been using it for years and have had no problems with it so far. It also offers users the ability to adjust the thickness of the cut by just turning the knob. You achieve a maximum thickness of ½ inch.
The platform for the meat can hold large chunks and the bottom base of the slicer is lined with rubber so it holds firmly on the surface. The blade can slice through different kinds of meat like salami, ham, turkey, pepperoni, as well as bread, cheese, and vegetables. The structure of the blade is plastic so it might be slightly fragile therefore extra caution should be exercised when using it.
- Rust-proof and sturdy
- Large platform
- Thickness knob adjustment
- Cannot handle heavy duty slicing
- Plastic material
4. Cuisinart FS-75 Kitchen Pro Food Slicer
- Removable 7.5-inch undulated stainless steel cutting blade. Cord length : 38 Inches
- Stainless steel removable carriage
- Slice control knob adjusts from a paper-thin 1/32 inch to a thick 1/2 inch
The Cuisinart FS-75 Kitchen Pro Food Slicer is a budget-friendly quality choice for a meat slicer. The entire structure can be disassembled for easy cleaning. You have a thickness range that can go from 1/32 to ½ inch of thickness. Aside from meat, the Cuisinart FS-75 Kitchen Pro Food Slicer can also cut up sandwiches and other appetizers.
The downsides? The slicer can heat up after just 10 minutes of use and you have to hold the food in place with caution. You have to allow the slicer to cool down for a while before proceeding to slice up a new batch which can be an inconvenience. But if you’re not rushing, this should not be a huge concern for you.
- Adjustable thickness level
- Detachable parts
- Durable and sturdy structure
- You have to exercise caution while using
5. VEVOR 10” Blade Commercial Deli Meat Slicer
- 【Commercial Meat Slicer】- Voltage:110V 60Hz，Rated input:240W，Blade diameter:φ250mm / 10",10 Inches Heavy-duty Stainless Steel Blade.Built-in Dual Whetstones for sharpening blade safely and conveniently,Sharpening Control Buttons for controlling the whetstones to sharpen two sides of the blade easily.
- 【COMPACT DESIGN】- This meat slicer is small and compact so that you can fit it into your business more easily! The perfect size to place on a counter in your coffee shop or restaurant, the blade can also be moved for more thorough cleaning.
- 【STAINLESS STEEL BLADE】- The stainless steel blade is designed to resist corrosion and maintain a sharp edge for slicing. Adjustable Slice Size - The cut thickness is easily adjustable from 0 - 17mm(0-8").
The VEVOR 10” Blade Commercial Deli Meat Slicer is not only sharp and powerful, but it also comes with an additional self-sharpening tool – the whetstone. This eliminates the need for you to buy a separate blade sharpener because it is already built within the meat slicer itself.
You can activate the sharpening feature with only a push of a button. The operations are user-friendly and not difficult to learn. The blade is made of durable stainless steel that is resistant to rust. It also has a cover to protect it from moisture.
The entire slicer weighs 50 pounds which is quite bulky and heavy. This might be a disadvantage if you have limited space on your kitchen countertop.
- Stainless steel blade
- Has built-in whetstone for sharpening
- Cover protects blade from water
- Heavy and bulky
6. NESCO FS-250 Stainless Steel Food Slicer
- Full stainless steel sliding food carriage. 180 watt motor/120 volt. Never immerse the Motor of this appliance in water or other liquid
- Large, detachable 8.7" hardened stainless steel serrated blade handles a wide range of food sizes and shapes
- Adjustable thickness control knob for 9/16"
The power motor of the NESCO FS-250 Stainless Steel Food Slicer packs a very powerful drive. The blade is also incredibly sharp and efficient in cutting up meat chunks and other types of food. You can finish your slicing tasks within minutes with the fast operation of the meat slicer.
The food press is made of aluminum material and the blade is stainless steel. The combination of those two durable metals contribute to the long lifespan and sturdiness of the slicer. There are slicing guards that keep your hands safe while you operate it.
The blade is serrated, which is not exactly ideal for smooth cutting of meat. But the power switch is safely engineered for an error-free operation.
- Powerful 180W motor
- Stainless steel construction
- Slicing guards
- Only a serrated blade is available
7. Super Deal Premium Electric Meat Slicer
- ★ Get professional results at home with the SUPER DEAL Pro Food Slicer! From paper-thin prosciutto to perfectly carved roasts, our powerful slicer does it all. It's versatile enough to take on a wide range of culinary prep tasks - Use it to slice zucchini; paper-thin for a no-carb lasagna; cut eggplant for perfectly even “cutlets”; scalloped potatoes for the big family holiday: Not a problem. Slice cheese, tomatoes, cold cuts, and even whole heads of lettuce for deli-style sandwiches for a crowd
- ★ PRECISE CUT - While shorter knives will dull quickly or pit, ours stay sharp longer, giving you unparalleled precision. Sharp 7.5”stainless steel cutting blade, driven by 150 watts of fast, high yield slicing power, will help you keep a consistent sharp cut.
- ★ THICKNESS ADJUSTABLE - Our professional-quality slicer adjusts from 1/32 inch to 3/5 inch thick to slice everything from paper-thin prosciutto to perfect servings of roast beef. Imagine how easy it is to make apple pie when SUPER DEAL Slicer does all the apple slicing!
The Super Deal Premium Electric Meat Slicer has similar qualities with that of meat slicers used by professional chefs. In fact, this can be used for heavy duty culinary tasks because it can handle cutting cheese, eggplants, zucchini, and other types of food.
Consumers have testified that the blade remains sharp even after multiple uses for several months. The motor has 150 watt power and the thickness can be adjusted to a maximum of ⅗ inches.
The components that need cleaning are easy to remove and reattach. There is also a ring guard cover that keeps dust and debris from building up inside the machine. Other removable parts include the slide rod extension, carriage system, and the arm support. The slicer itself is made of sturdy aluminum metal.
You can slice a wide variety of meats, fruits, vegetables, bread, and cheese in this topnotch meat slicer.
- Heavy duty function
- Aluminum construction
- Thickness adjustment knobs
- Removable parts for easy cleaning
- Can be used by professional chefs
- Blade does not dull easily
- Blade is hard to remove
- Instruction manual is hard to understand
8. Kitchener 9-inch Professional Electric Meat Deli Cheese Food Slicer
- SLICER SPECS - This Commercial Deli, Meat, Cheese and Bread Slicer powered by is a belt driven Electric powered 120VAC 150 Watt Current (200 Watt Max) 60Hz electric motor adn 9" inch (229mm) Stainless Steel Blade
- EFFICIENT DESIGN - This slicer is built of premium coated steel and die-cast aluminum, safe grade food plastic and stainless steel carriage surface (protects from rust); ; Kitchener offers a 9" inch: Bread and Universal Serrated Blade (for tough meats)
- VERSATILE - Slicing salamis, meats, cheeses, loaves of bread, and firm vegetables, has never been so fun quick and easy; Adjustable Thickness Control Knob capable of slicing from delicious deli thin to 5/8" inch carving board style thick meats
The two primary features of the Kitchener 9-inch Professional Electric Meat Deli Cheese Food Slicer are its powerful motor and the detachable blade which makes cleaning much easier. The stainless steel blade is rust-proof as well.
The motor runs at 200-watt power that can slice through cheese, bread, vegetables, deli meats, and other types of food. The blade measures 8-5/8” for efficient slicing jobs. There are also suction cups that keep the machine in place while it operates. The small and compact size makes for easy storage.
The material of the slicer is made of stainless steel and comes with a safety feature to protect your hands while using it and it also has antimicrobial protection. The model is approved by the FDA and is budget-friendly.
- Easy to clean
- Versatile slicer can cut through a variety of food
- Powerful 200-watt motor
- Knob to adjust thickness
- Suction cups keeps the machine in place
- Stainless steel construction
- Low blade speed at times
9. KWS Premium Electric Meat Slicer
- 10” Premium Stainless Steel Coated with Teflon Blade
- Aluminum Alloy Base
- Cutting Thickness 0-0.4”
For the last one on the list, the KWS Premium Electric Meat Slicer performs much like heavy duty slicers which makes it ideal for professional chefs and cooks who usually do large-scale slicing tasks. If you spend a lot of time in the kitchen and need a slicing companion to make the job faster, you may want to consider this one.
The carbon steel blades are 10 inches long and coated with chromium metal for additional sharpness and durability. It can cut through thick chunks of meat and other kinds of food as well into different thickness.
The machine is powered with 200 watts with a sturdy aluminum case for protection from extreme vibration and abrasions. It is also quite compact so it would be easy for you to store it in small spaces. Another great feature is the dual whetstone sharpener that it comes with which means you do not need to find a separate blade sharpener.
- Topnotch quality and reliable brand
- Powerful blade
- Reduces vibration and abrasion
- Stainless steel construction
- Material makes the device quite heavy to carry
Knowing the different meat slicer grades
Meat slicers come in three basic grades depending on use: there is a heavy duty or commercial type, frequent use, and light use. Read on to know more.
Heavy-duty / commercial use
When we talk about sturdy, heavy-duty, fastest, and top-tier slicers, commercial slicers are the way to go. Bulky and large in size, these are anything but portable. They are intended to be put in a permanent spot.
They usually weigh more than 50 pounds and their motors have ½ horsepower plus, the blades are 10 inches at minimum but usually fall within the 12-14 inch range. They can operate ceaselessly for hours and can slice through thick and chunky meats.
They are also built with safety features and easy to navigate controls. The touchpad is usually resistant to moisture and you can adjust the slicing speed and thickness. Some include automatic shut-off features and the components that need cleaning are most likely removable.
Commercial kitchens need a lot of slicing done in a short amount of time so they will need a slicer that can do the job. Hence, the name.
This grade of meat slicer falls in the middle weight range of 10-40 pounds. Depending on the model, some of these can be moved and stored. The usual materials used in the construction of these types are stainless steel and aluminum along with a few plastic materials here and there. Expect that they do not have the same durability and power as the heavy duty grade slicers.
They run on 240-320 power watts and the blade can be as long as 9-10 inches which can handle moderate slicing tasks. It can cut through many meat varieties as well as hard cheeses. For lighter models, you may have to take breaks after every 30 minutes of use to prevent straining of the motor. It is designed for long hours of use. We recommend using these only for small gatherings when you do not need to cut through a lot of food.
For small-scale slicing jobs that take less than an hour and usually for home use, the light grade meat slicers are the go-to grade for scenarios like that. These models can still handle meat chunks but those that aren’t frozen or raw. We also do not advise using it for hard cheese. However, you can use it for cutting bread, fruits, vegetables, and soft meat.
The motors of these slicer types run on 120-150 power watts. But don’t overexert them. Take breaks every now and then if the volume of food you need to cut is quite large.
The blades are usually 7-8 inches – common for basic performance machines. Anything that is more than 5 inches thick is already beyond the capacity of these slicers. These are also budget-friendly so if you’re concerned about the price, you can opt for light grade meat slicers.
Choosing the right meat slicer
Here are the factors you need to check in an ideal meat slicer.
The motor runs the blade. So it’s important that you need a powerful motor to be able to do the slicing efficiently and quickly. The motor’s power is expressed in terms of horsepower. The higher the HP, the more efficient it is.
¼-⅓ horsepower is the range for light grade meat slicers that can handle up to an hour of continuous operation. You can slice cheese and soft meats with this power.
In the middle range, the average grade meat slicers have ⅓-½ horsepower that can handle slicing cheese and meats for a couple of hours.
And for the heavy duty meat slicers, the motors have more than ½ horsepower. This is the best choice for large-scale slicing jobs that need to operate for several hours. However, if you’re only going to use your slicer on special occasions, you’ll do just fine with average-grade models that cost less instead of buying an expensive, heavy-duty one that you won’t even make full use out of.
Belt drive vs gear drive
This refers to the connection between the blade and the motor. Gears are more reliable in terms of durability and longevity in lifespan, specifically the nylon gears which are the most common and do not emit that much noise during operation. But once they reach their limit, you will need to get them repaired or replace them altogether.
Belt drives on the other hand are now being used by a lot of models since they cost a lot less and are easily replaceable without special assistance.
The size of the blade determines the size of the meat that you can cut with the slicer. Heavy duty slicers have large blades that can cut through hard and thick meat chunks. The lengths of robust blades is around 12 inches for heavy duty slicers. Sometimes it even reaches 14 inches for some models.
Smaller blades are between 9-10 inches long. These are typically used for small slicers. Depending on your primary purpose for having a meat slicer, there is no one size that can suit all your needs.
Serrated or straight-edged blade
Serrated-edged blades are great for cutting through tough and hard foods. They are effective for hard bread crusts and thick meat chunks. Serrated edges are mainly used for gripping and tearing so they may not be able to achieve thin and smooth slices.
But you can do so with straight-edged blades. You can easily adjust the thickness of the slice that you want with straight edged blades paired with a quality motor. It’s safe to say that straight edge blades are the most versatile since they can achieve almost any type of thickness and are also very sharp and durable.
Meat slicers are a common cause of injury so manufacturers have made it a point to incorporate safety mechanisms in their machines to protect users. The blade often comes with a cover. You can also have some safety precautions of your own by wearing cut-resistant gloves whenever you use the slicer.
Ease of use
You can choose between automatic and manual meat slicers. The former is obviously much easier to use because all you have to do is place the meat on the platform and the machine will start cutting it into the thickness that you set. You do not need to assist the blade with every cut that is made like you do with manual slicers.
But you can also opt for a manual setting even if it is an automatic slicer if you want to have more control over the slicing.
Cleaning leg kickstand
Cleaning legs or kickstands determine the ease in cleaning your meat slicer.
Meat tray size
The larger the meat tray is, the bigger the size of the meat you can put at one time for the slicer to process. You also do not need to move the cut meat frequently to make room for more cut-ups.
The high wattage of the slicer means it consumes a lot of electric power when it operates. That also results in more power exerted by the motor upon slicing. It relates to the efficiency in slicing and the speed it takes at which it can cut up a particular size of meat. Heavy duty slicers usually operate on 200 watts or more.
The most reliable materials for a meat slicer’s frame are steel and aluminum. For the blades, the best would be carbon steel. And the feet should be lined with thick rubber to keep it in place amid the vibration while it operates.
Nylon is the ideal choice when it comes to belts and gears as they are reliable and can last for several years provided that you take care of it and maintain it well.
The cheapest meat slicers cost around 50 dollars but these are already really low quality class. The decent quality slicers are on the hundred-dollar price range and above especially for commercial grade models.
How to use a meat slicer
There are specific instructions on how to operate a meat slicer depending on the model but in general, the basic operations are pretty much the same for most types. It is common among all slicers that you have to place the food you need to cut on a sliding platform.
You can take out the platform by lifting the clamp arm from out the main body. Place the food and then put the arm back into place to secure the food.
Now, it’s time to adjust the thickness. Most meat slicers have an adjustment knob that you can turn to control how thick you want the food to be cut.
As a safety precaution and for sanitary reasons, we highly recommend wearing cut-resistant gloves when operating the slicer. You can also put wax paper or deli tissue near the slicer to wrap up the sliced food immediately.
As the machine starts cutting, the tray moves to the rotating blade and begins the slicing process. Once you switch it on, either it automatically cuts up the food or you need to guide the blade. Once you’re done, remember to clean the essential parts of the slicer.
Can a meat slicer cut through frozen or raw meat?
It is possible, but you will need a really strong and sharp blade to be able to do so without the risk of damaging the blade. As much as possible, defrost the meat first before subjecting it to the meat slicer. The heavy duty meat slicers may be able to handle it but for the average duty slicers, we do not recommend trying it out if you do not want to dull the blade.
You can cut raw meat with the slicer. Just always keep in mind to clean it afterwards to prevent cross-contamination with other foods that you will cut using the meat slicer. Some meats may be too soft so you may need to either chill or cook them so cutting will be efficient and precise.
Can a meat slicer cut through bone?
Heavy duty blades can cut through bone just like it can with frozen meat. But we also do not advise that you try it since there is a high possibility of damaging the blade.
Proper care of your meat slicer
Having a well-maintained meat slicer will benefit you for several years.
How often should I clean my meat slicer?
You should always clean the slicer before and after using it. When slicing raw meat, there is an influx of bacteria that can be a potential cause of contamination. You also risk damaging the machine itself if you do not thoroughly clean it.
Every now and then you should also do some disinfection and sanitation of the blade especially if you have not used it in a while. Keep the slicer free from debris and dust so that it will last as long as it should and the efficiency remains the same throughout the years.
How to clean your meat slicer
You will need a sanitizer concentrate and some water. Regular dish soap is not advised to be used on meat slicers because the blade may have a negative reaction to it. The safest is the sanitizer that you can find online. Apply it on the blade using safety gloves.
After sanitizing the slicer, rinse it with water and allow it to dry thoroughly to prevent rust formation.
Apply some food-grade lubricant to the moving components of the meat slicer like the feeder tray where the meat is placed. That part slides in and out so it’s important that it remains well-lubricated to ensure smooth operation of the machine.
How to sharpen your meat slicer
Sharpening the slicer blade every now and then is required to keep the blade in good condition. After multiple uses especially with hard meats, the blade can get dull and may lose its sharpness, resulting in inefficient slicing.
There are meat slicer models that have built-in sharpeners so you can conveniently do it without buying a separate one. However, you may need to purchase a separate one if the model you have does not have a preinstalled blade sharpener.
Before sharpening your blade, make sure that it’s clean. Apply sharpening oil or ordinary cooking oil. Adjust the blade against the sharpening surface.j
Start sharpening the blade until you
notice its edge returning to its original sharpness. You can test it using a chunk of meat. Be careful that you do not sharpen the blade too much as it will lead to the blade getting bent out of shape easily.
Other tips for your meat slicer
- Before you buy the device, you should have a clear purpose in mind. What kinds of food do you plan to use with the slicer? If you’re just going to cut common meats, vegetables, and cheese, you may not need a heavy-duty meat slicer. The power wattage can range from 120 watts to over 300. If your main purpose is just for occasional use with only light slicing jobs, an average grade slicer is already enough for you. On the other hand, if you plan on using it commercially for large volumes of slicing, choose the models with high wattage.
- In terms of blade size, the same rules apply. Choose a larger blade for heavy jobs. These usually have a diameter of 7 inches and can handle vegetables, cheese, and most types of meat. For large and hard types of meat, a 10-inch diameter blade can do the job.
- Think about storage. Meat slicers come in a variety of sizes. But they are generally bulky and require a safe space for storage. If you have limited counter space, find a unit that will fit just right.
- Be wary of cheap units. Most of the time, choosing low-cost models means compromising on quality as well. To make sure that you get the most out of your purchase, choose a unit that uses rust-resistant materials to ensure that the slicer lasts a long time. Blade guards are made of plastic materials with waterproof properties.
- Don’t hassle yourself with cleaning the slicer. Buy one that has removable components so it’s easy for you to clean them separately. Parts like the blade guard, the meat platform, and the blade itself are usually detachable. It’s also a bonus if these parts are safe to use in the dishwasher so you do not have to manually wash them by hand.
- Safety should always be a priority as well. While the powerful and speedy blades and motors are impressive, you should also not overlook your own safety when operating the device. Blade guards are essential. You should also consider the base. It should be stable enough to hold the device in place and be able to stick to the surface to prevent the machine from moving while it is operating. There are models with a safety level that locks the machine when it’s not being used.
- Lastly, the ability to adjust the thickness is very important in a slicer. You have to be able to choose your desired thickness for the cut of the meat or food that you subject into the meat slicer. Conduct regular sharpening of the slicer blade as instructed by the manufacturer. Read the product manual to know when is the appropriate time to sharpen the blade of the slicer. Also, there are models that come with built-in whetstone sharpeners.
6 benefits of a meat slicer
Do you really need a meat slicer or will it be just an unnecessary purchase? Here’s how you can be sure. Answer the following questions below.
- Do you have a large family?
- Do you host large gatherings like cookouts, tailgates, brunches?
- Do you make or smoke your own meats, bacon and/or cheese?
- Do you make a lot of sandwiches?
- Do you have a hard time using a knife to achieve uniform slices?
- Are you conscious about the thickness and sizes of the meat chunks that you cook?
- Do you want to save money?
If you answered yes to more than one question, then a meat slicer may just be for you. Having this appliance provides your kitchen needs with many benefits such as:
Preparing food for your family can be time-consuming. Having a meat slicer can reduce the preparation time by a great deal so you can have more time for actual interaction with the people you are serving.
Uniform sizes and thickness is more likely to be achieved using a meat slicer because you can adjust the style of slicing according to your preference. Meat slicers are able to obtain precise cuts the way that kitchen knives could never.
3. Ease of use
Meat slicers are easy to use and much safer compared to cutting using a knife. You also do not need other tools like a cutting board because everything is already built within the meat slicer. Kitchen knives may be ideal for rib roast, turkey, or brisket but for other meats like ham and bacon or vegetables, fruits, bread, and cheese, a meat slicer is a more convenient option.
4. Money saver
Those foods that are already sliced and packaged when you buy them from the store cost more. You can save a lot more money if you buy one whole chunk of something and then do the cutting and slicing at home.
5. Portion control
For those who are tracking their food intake or for families who equally divide their food protons among their members, having a meat slicer ensures that all portions are equal in thickness and size.
Freshly-sliced meats, fruits, vegetables, and cheese are much more enjoyable and pleasant to eat. There’s just something that is delectable about eating a sandwich with contents that have just been sliced.
That’s it for this article about meat slicers. We hope that we were able to impart relevant and useful information for you in your search for the best meat slicer that works for you. Out of all the products we listed, our best recommendation would be Chef’s Choice 615A Electric Meat Slicer. It does the job efficiently and its other features are worth the price you pay.
Last update on 2022-01-17 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API