Burgers are the epitome of a fantastic grilling experience. Nothing is worse than a burger that looks unappealing. We examined and reviewed the best burger presses on the internet to help you in making the ideal burger. We considered all of the factors you should consider while selecting the best burger press for your home.
Our 14 best rated burger presses
Weston burger express hamburger press
- Press your favorite ground meat & seasonings into consistent, perfectly packed burgers
- Spring plunger button compacts the patty tightly then pops back for quick patty removal
- Also great for making stuffed burgers, crab cakes & sausage patties
The Weston Burger Express Hamburger Press is made of nonstick cast aluminum that is easy to clean. This burger press can handle patties up to 4 3/8” in diameter and 1 1/2” in thickness. The adaptable design is suitable for hamburgers, sausage patties, stuffed burgers, and crab cakes.
- Made of nonstick cast-aluminum
- Wipes off easily
- Available in a variety of thicknesses
- Spring plunger for easy patty removal
- One-year manufacturer’s warranty
Cuisinart smashed burger press
- HEAVY WEIGHT: Heavy weight to help smash the patty down to a 6” flat patty shape.
- DO IT LIKE THE PROS: Place a piece of parchment paper over the loosely packed ball of meat before smashing down! Provides an easy and clean transition between pressing each burger down.
- CAST IRON PRESS: Heavy-duty, 6" cast iron burger press helps create perfect, flavorful patties every time.
The Cuisinart Smashed Burger Press is a smashed burger press made of cast iron. The weight’s heavy-weight design creates the ideal 6.4″ patty, and the 1cm raised edge helps seal in liquids. To aid in a clean release, place patty paper on top of a ball of hamburger before pressing. The press as a whole is simple to clean.
Cuisinart suggests using an 80/20 hamburger if you want the perfect burger with a juicy center and crisp edges. Best served with 14-pound hamburger wrapped into a ball. The Cuisinart Smashed Burger Press can be used both indoors and outdoors.
- Heavy-duty cast-iron 6.4″ patty diameter with a 1 cm elevated press to catch juices
- Heavy-duty for consistently excellent patties
- Simple to clean
- Excellent for both indoor and outdoor use.
Lodge pre-seasoned cast-iron grill press
- One Lodge Pre-Seasoned Cast Iron Grill Press With Cool-grip Spiral Handle, 6.75 Inch x 4.5 Inch
- Cool-grip Spiral Handle provides a safe, comfortable grip
- Unparalleled heat retention and even heating
The Lodge Pre-Seasoned Cast-Iron Grill Press is made of high-quality cast iron and features a cool-grip spiral handle.
Use standard cast-iron care recommendations for easy cleaning. A flathead screwdriver and an adjustable wrench are required for assembly upon arrival. Hang or store the Lodge Pre-Seasoned Cast-Iron Grill Press in a dry, out-of-the-way spot. When used to press meats, the pre-seasoned construction enables easy release. Customer support can provide a manufacturer’s warranty upon request.
- Heavy-duty cast-iron construction
- Versatile usage – oven, stove, grill, and campfire
- Pre-seasoned for easy food release
- Large rectangular size
- Manufacturer’s guarantee is accessible through customer care
Bbq dragon cast-iron barbeque press
- WHY USE A MEAT PRESS?: There are many reasons to use a meat press. Most people use a press to remove unwanted fats out of meat. A press can also be used to flatten meat like burgers to help them cook faster or bacon or ham to prevent the edges from curling. Add perfect grill lines on your meat by using a press. Paninis and other grilled sandwiches are made easier by using the press.
- USE ON GRILLS AND STOVES: The BBQ Dragon BBQ Grill Press can be used on so many surfaces. Because our press is cast iron, it can be used on grills and stoves. Use it on gas, electric, and induction stoves. You could even use the meat press on a griddle. Whether you’re cooking in the kitchen or on the grill, use our press to get perfect sear marks on your meat and sandwiches.
- CAST IRON: Our BBQ Grill Press is made out of cast iron and is already pre-seasoned. That means you can use it straight out of the box. To clean, use hot water and scrub the press while it’s still warm. When all of the food bits come off, wipe it dry and place it on the clean, hot stove or grill to fully dry. Treat with vegetable oil periodically.
The BBQ Dragon Cast-Iron Barbecue Press is a barbeque grill press made of cast iron. It has already been pre-seasoned and is ready to use right out of the box.
The BBQ Dragon Cast-Iron Barbeque Press is simple to clean, thanks to its pre-seasoned design. The standard care for a cast-iron item is the same as for any other cast-iron piece. This press is excellent for both indoor and outdoor use. Make hamburgers, steaks, and other meats with it. This press is also useful for making paninis and grilled sandwiches. BBQ Dragon only employs high-quality materials, and all goods come with a one-year satisfaction guarantee. If you are dissatisfied with your purchase throughout the year, they will replace it or refund your money.
- Made of high-quality cast-iron material
- Comes pre-seasoned and ready to use right out of the box
- The spiral handle keeps hands cool while in use
- Easy to clean
- One-year money-back guarantee
New star foodservice commercial grade iron press
- Single piece durable iron body steak weight
- Wooden handle keeps cool during cooking
- Great for cooking patties, bacon and other meats without curling
The New Star Foodservice Commercial Grade Iron Press is made of high-quality cast iron. The press has a wooden handle intended to keep the user’s hand cool while cooking.
The hefty construction is ideal for preventing the edges of your meat from curling while cooking. The weight also helps in removing excess fat from the food you’re cooking. Using this press, your food cooks quickly and evenly. This is also an excellent weight for cooking bacon! The press has a simple design that is easy to clean.
- Made of high-quality cast iron
- Rectangular shape for better coverage
- Heavy design squeezes out excess fat
- Prevents food from curling when cooking
- Easy to clean
Cuisinart 3-in-1 stuffed burger press
- Ultimate 3-in-1 burger making tool
- Makes stuffed burgers, sliders, and regular burgers
- Dishwasher safe
The Cuisinart 3-in-1 Stuffed Burger Press is made of plastic and has three different diameter pieces – 4.5”, 4”, and 2.5”. The burger press has a nonstick covering and can be washed in the dishwasher. The three handy-sized parts make it simple to make packed burgers, standard patties, and even sliders.
- Made of durable plastic
- Dishwasher safe
- Countless options for a unique burger every time
- Three distinct sizes for a versatile burger press
- Easy to clean
Meykers burger press
- |𝗕𝘂𝘆𝟮𝗼𝗿𝗠𝗼𝗿𝗲, 𝗔𝘂𝘁𝗼𝗦𝗮𝘃𝗲𝟳%| 100% Satisfaction and Money Back Guarantee – Buy Meykers burger press at no risk. If there is anything you don’t like about it, you’ll get full refund or free replacement. Your satisfaction is our priority.
- Making Hamburger Elegantly – Perfectly round-shaped burger patties with grooves for the professional burger look. Patties can be made easily, efficiently and neatly. They can be cook evenly, and won’t fall apart on the grill.
- Never Stick Again by Free Patty Papers : Non-stick cast aluminum surface, 100 free parchment papers included, which makes patties intact during removal and speed cleanup as well.
Meykers Burger Press is made of heavy-duty food-grade aluminum with a nonstick surface. This burger press is safe to use and simple to clean — it can be washed by hand or put in the dishwasher. The handle is made of high-quality plastic that is mold, scratch and heat resistant.
The press also has professional grooves to give your burgers a professional appearance. It includes 100 free patty papers as well as the flexibility to create the ideal burger every time. Meykers places a premium on customer satisfaction. If you have any inquiries or have any issues, customer assistance will react within 24 hours.
- Made of food-grade metal
- Easy to clean and dishwasher safe
- Mold-resistant, heat-resistant handle, and scratch-proof
- Professional grooves for a professional look
- Meykers customer service support provides a satisfaction guarantee.
Bellemain cast-iron grill press
- THE SECRET TO THE BEST BACON: Take control of tangly bacon on the pan or grill with the ideal solution for flawless searing. With this specially crafted 3 lbs press the next bacon, steak or sandwich you cook will sear evenly, eliminating raw or overcooked sections. Sized to be able to fit nearly any area you cook in.
- FOOD GRADE PRESS | 100% HEAVY-DUTY CAST IRON: Avoid harmful PTFE or PFOA chemicals that other presses use with our food-grade iron cookware. The Bellman Bacon Press might just be the most indestructible cooking tool you use. Made with heavy-duty cast iron, the press can also be seasoned like cast-iron skillets to create a non-stick surface (instructions included).
- EQUALIZED WEIGHT DISTRIBUTION FOR PERFECT GRILL MARKS EVERY TIME: Pre-heat your beautiful Bellman Bacon Press on the pan. Then apply the equalized 3 lbs pressure to your food of choice for a short time. When you remove it, smile at the beautiful creation you’ve made. Share it with loved ones or have it all to yourself.
The Bellemain cast-iron grill press is made entirely of heavy-duty cast iron and has a stay-cool grip. The Bellemain grill press can be used in indoor and outdoor cooking environments. The shape aids in preventing uneven cooking that might occur with raw or overcooked meat. For easy cooking, the circular form fits in most conventional round skillets. When caring for your press, like you would any other cast-iron material, cleaning is simple.
- Made of high-quality cast iron
- 8.75” diameter fits most pans
- Distributes heat when cooking for uniform cooking
- Easy to clean
- Professional-style grilling marks
Shape+store burger master 8-in-1 innovative burger press
- Makes ordinary burger presses obsolete. Press and stuff 8 quarter pound burger patties at a time (each container holds approx. 2 pounds).
- Easily pop out a couple frozen burger patties directly onto the barbecue. The Burger Master keeps them separate and they don't stick.
- Individually seals each burger patty to prevent freezer burn.
The Shape+Store Burger Master 8-in-1 Innovative Burger Press is made of long-lasting plastic. The inventive burger press can take up to two pounds of meat and produce eight quarter-pound patties.
The adaptable proprietary method can be applied to more than simply meat. It can be used to keep any pre portioned items, such as soups or other meals. For easy cleanup, the Shape+Store Burger Master is dishwasher-safe. The nonstick surface facilitates breaking and grilling.
- Made of tough plastic
- Can contain up to two pounds of hamburger, yielding eight quarter-pound patties
- Seals tightly to prevent freezer burn
- Versatile enough to be used for more than simply meats
- Nonstick and dishwasher safe.
Victoria cast-iron seasoned grill press
- Improves your grilling Cuts cooking time by about half for thin meats and bacon from 8 to 4 minutes
- Better performance Screw-removable cool-touch wood handle Texturized bottom to avoid sliding and movement Measures 8 3 x 4 4 and weighs 2 15 lbs
- One of the best grill accessories Transfers and retains heat evenly Use it for flattening bacon and squeezing fat from meats Preheat using indirect heat for faster cooking and sizzling
The Victoria Cast-Iron Seasoned Grill Press is made of heavy-duty cast-iron seasoned with 100% Non-GMO flaxseed oil. The handle is made of wood, so it stays cool to the touch when used in both indoor and outdoor cooking locations.
Victoria’s multifunctional cast-iron seasoned grill press can be used for both meats and sandwiches. To increase cooking time and sizzle, use indirect heat to preheat. The roughness on the bottom makes it easier to use without slipping. The heavy-weight aids in reducing cooking time and uneven cooking. Customer support can issue a manufacturer’s warranty upon request.
- Made of heavy-duty cast-iron material
- Seasoned with 100 percent non-GMO flaxseed oil
- The wooden handle stays cool to the touch
- Rough bottom designed to keep the press from slipping
- Manufacturer’s warranty available upon request through customer care
Oxo good grips burger press
- Quickly and easily makes uniform patties for even cooking
- Dimpled side of insert accommodates for expansion while grilling burgers, and creates a well to retain burger's natural juices or for adding marinades
- Flat side of insert perfect for pan-cooked burgers
The OXO Good Grips Burger Press is a four-piece plastic burger press that is easy to clean. It has a transparent bottom that enables patty thicknesses ranging from 14 to 12 pounds in size.
The OXO Good Grips Burger Press is dishwasher safe, making cleanup a breeze. The press can also be used with poultry, seafood, and even veggie burgers.
- Made of sturdy plastic material
- Comes in four sections
- Makes patties ranging in size from 14 to 12 pound
- Nonstick construction for simple burger transfer
- OXO donates 1percent of annual sales to environmental organizations
Norpro mini burger press
- Press measures 3.75 inches/9.5cm by 9 inches/23cm by 6 inches/15cm
- Shapes six uniform 2-ounce slider/mini patties; Ideal for beef, chicken, turkey, pork and vegetable burgers.
- Nonstick cast aluminum
Norpro’s Mini Burger Press is made of nonstick cast aluminum. The press is ideal for making six two-ounce sliders, but it may also be used to make beef, poultry, seafood, and other sorts of burgers. The wood handle allows you to use it without burning your hand, allowing you to stay cool during the cooking process.
- Made of nonstick cast aluminum material
- Makes six two-ounce slider-sized patties
- Versatile enough to use with a variety of meats
- The wooden handle keeps cool
- Customer service offers a warranty.
Cuisinart adjustable burger press
- Makes perfectly shaped burger patties every time! enjoy the ease of making your own burger patties and impress your guests with the consistency of the shape!
- Constructed of pre-seasoned, durable Cast Aluminum
- Non-stick surfaces help to keep your patties intact and makes for an easy clean up!
The Cuisinart Adjustable Burger Press is made of pre-seasoned cast aluminum that is sturdy. The nonstick surfaces keep patties intact and make cleaning a breeze. Burger thicknesses ranging from 14 inches to 12 inches can be achieved using the adjustable dial. It applies to a wide range of burger types, not simply hamburgers.
- Made of robust cast aluminum
- Pre-seasoned to create a nonstick surface
- Adjustable dial allows for different burger thicknesses
- Easy to clean
- Warranty available through customer care
Outset cast-iron round grill press
- 8 inch diameter
- Made of cast iron for easy pressing out of unwanted fats
- Thick grooves produce mouthwatering grill marks
This grill press is ideal for removing excess fat from burgers and meat. Thick grooves aid in the formation of professional-looking grill marks. The handle has a cool-to-the-touch design.
This pre-seasoned cast-iron grill press should be cared for in the same way as all other cast-iron products. The Outset Cast-Iron Round Grill Press has a one-of-a-kind hole in the design, for a meat thermometer, ensuring that every piece of meat is correctly cooked. This press is suitable for both indoor and outdoor use.
- Made of strong cast-iron material
- Has thick grooves to help drive out fat and make professional grill markings
- Handle has a stay-cool design
- Great for indoor and outdoor use
- Has a hole for inserting a meat thermometer
Why do you need a burger press?
To make your burger-making life easier; this is a straightforward answer to this question. But that isn’t the only thing. Some of these items are versatile and can be utilized in various parts of the kitchen.
Other goods can be frozen straight, making creation and storage simple as combining the meat and filling it. Others make sliders or filled burgers. Even if we are doing this evaluation to locate the best press, having many options in your kitchen may be a practical solution for you.
Buying food in bulk has become a necessity for certain customers. Larger households necessitate additional food purchasing alternatives as well as ways to store it. Using a burger press might assist you in converting bulk hamburger purchases into a patty shape. They can then be stored flat, taking significantly less room than a huge container of ground hamburgers.
How to choose a burger press
Before you go shopping for a new burger press, let’s take a moment to review some of the factors that should be considered before making a decision. What you will discover is that there are numerous styles and crucial aspects to consider.
We’ve put up a basic buyer’s guide to provide you with some information that may come in handy as you try to make a final decision for your burger press requirements.
Different burger presses produce varying sizes of patties. Some of them may produce a variety of sizes. Check out the diameters if you’re looking for anything that will make a specific size of the burger.
Most of them will fit a regular burger, but that doesn’t imply they’re all created equal, so pay attention.
Next, think about the materials used to make the burger press. There will be a wide range of materials available, and they all work well.
But here’s the real trick. You need a burger press that is made of nonstick material.
Whether you choose aluminum or nonstick plastic material, seek nonstick capabilities. This will greatly simplify the preparation of your burgers, as well as the cleanup.
What Type of Burger?
Here’s another thought for you to ponder. While a simple press can usually make any form of patty you want, some things may be better made with a press tailored for that purpose.
For example, if you enjoy making stuffed burgers, you should consider purchasing a press built specifically for this burger style.
Next, think about the overall design of the burger press. Some presses can even cook burgers on the grill, while others are only for pressing patties.
One feature we recommend looking for is its ease of usage. If it’s a sophisticated device, it only makes your pressing process take longer in general.
You also want it to be comfortable to use. Can you, for example, comfortably grab the press handle and maintain control of it without your hand cramping?
These are tiny details, but the more your burger press is designed to work for you, the better off you will be when you use it!
Nothing is more aggravating than using a burger press and getting a burger that is uneven and thicker on one side than the other.
Most presses are designed to minimize this problem, but others are not.
The best burger press options will make your burger into a homogeneous patty that is consistent throughout the burger. It won’t be flawless every time, but one side won’t be twice as thick as the other.
Finally, you want to be certain that you are purchasing a long-lasting burger press. Some presses are simply made of inexpensive plastic materials that crack or wear down quickly.
It’s not normally a big concern if you’re only producing a few patties here and there, but if you use your press daily or create many patties at once, you want something that will last.
Aluminum burger presses are the most durable in general. There are also some solid plastic ones available from time to time. Just be sure to check to see if it is a heavy-duty and long-lasting material.
How to use a burger press
It’s simple to use a burger press. It’s fairly self-explanatory, but it can be difficult to know how some presses work differently from others when they contain extra elements.
Most of the time, you will measure out your meat, place it in the press, and press it. Voila! The result is a fantastic burger.
Simply follow these few steps:
- As desirable or required, measure out your meat.
- Insert the meatball into the press.
- Use the press to shape the meat into a patty.
Some presses may have additional directions or advice, so be sure to read the details for your unique press as well.
If your burger press does not automatically dimple the meat, you may want to attempt making a little dimple in the flesh yourself. This prevents the burger from shrinking too much during cooking.
Stuffed burgers are more difficult to make since you have to stuff the centers then go through a multi-step process.
Basic steps for pressing stuffed burger:
- Separate your meatball into two little balls, with one appearing larger than the other. Place the massive ball in the press dish.
- Take the bigger top off your press handle.
- Press your meatball with the smaller inner cap. In this phase, you should be able to induce depression in your meatball.
- Now, add your favorite seasoning to the depression, like cheddar cheese or buffalo sauce.
- Place the last smaller meatball on top and flatten it.
- Replace the larger handle you removed previously and press. If any excess meat protrudes from the edges of the press, cut it with your fingertips.
- Finally, remove the patty from the pan and place it on the grill for immediate cooking. If you aren’t going to prepare it straight away, you can keep it in the freezer.
If you’ve never experienced the wonders of a burger press, you probably have a lot of questions about them. We took some of your queries and turned them into a real question and answer area – just for you!
What is a burger press?
A burger press allows you to manufacture precisely round burgers without manually forming the patties. These presses also allow you to make more burgers in less time. Instead of buying frozen patties, you can use fresh meat. Using a burger press to manufacture your burgers can be less expensive than free-form patties for grilling. You end up with the ideal burger with just the correct amount of meat.
What is the proper way to clean the burger press?
A dishwasher-safe burger press may be cleaned by simply washing it and placing it in the dishwasher. Models that are not dishwasher-friendly, such as cutlery or pans, can be washed by simply soaping up a washcloth and carefully removing the grease. The best thing is that, if you use parchment paper, burger presses can be the least messy instrument, leaving little to no residue. They are quite simple to clean and maintain.
Can I prevent sticking with my burger press?
You can get a nonstick burger press to avoid the inconvenience of your patties sticking and falling apart entirely. If your burger press does not have a nonstick coating, it is not the end of the world because parchment paper may be used as a substitute. It works as a barrier, preventing the meat from clinging to the mold. Another option is to lightly oil or grease the burger press’s edges and interior. To avoid using oil as grease, you can use a cooking spray.
Why is cast iron suitable for burger press?
Cast-iron is a long-lasting material ideal for cooking due to its great heat retention and ability to withstand high temperatures. When properly seasoned, it provides long-lasting nonstick characteristics, especially when properly cared for.
The use of cast-iron gives a longer-lasting burger press, and in the form of a handled press, it can endure a wider range of cooking temperatures.
Why is aluminum a good material for a burger press?
Because it conducts heat well, aluminum is a useful material for burger presses (if used on the stove). It is also a less expensive substance. When properly cared for, aluminum may endure a long time and, like cast iron, can be seasoned to create a nonstick surface.
How should I store pre-made patties in the freezer?
When it comes to making your pre-made frozen patties, time is your enemy. You want to keep your meat at room temperature for as little time as possible. Once your beef mixture is ready, shape it into patties with your burger press and divide it with patty sheets before storing it in a freezer-safe bag in a single layer.
What is pre-seasoned?
The term “pre-seasoned” refers to the nonstick coating on your burger press. It is most typically applied to cast-iron materials. The seasoning process coats the cast iron with a protective layer, making it nonstick and preventing rust and other deterioration.
What is the best way to re-season my press?
Cast-iron seasoning does not remain indefinitely, especially if you wash it with mild soap and water. You can, however, re-season your press. Recoat it by adding a layer of high heat-rated oil (such as avocado or flaxseed oil) and baking it on the press.
How do I care for my cast-iron?
It depends on who you question about cast-iron care. Some individuals swear by using mild soap and water, while others only use hot water. It is entirely up to you how you care for it. Still, we urge that if raw meat is used, you wash well to avoid foodborne infections.
Is there a better ground hamburger to use while preparing burgers?
The sort of ground hamburger you use is entirely up to you. Most experts recommend choosing a burger that is 80 percent lean and 20 percent fat since it has a juicier midsection and a crisper edge. However, you are free to use whatever you choose.
Why are grill marks important?
Grill markings are primarily for aesthetic purposes. Grilled meats are more flavorful. Therefore the presence of grill marks results in a great burger.
What are the benefits of using a burger press?
Using a burger press might result in a consistent burger that fits precisely on your preferred bun. Using one for pre-made burgers makes it easier to freeze patties for later grilling.
How to know if you have the best burger press
Finding the best burger press is heavily influenced by your cooking preferences. If you don’t frequently grill or cook homemade burgers, it may be difficult to justify getting a burger press. We made a point of including models which may be used in a variety of situations. You’re not just confined to burgers. Each of the reviews we conducted should have brought you one step closer to selecting which burger press is best for your cooking area.
There is an option to meet your demands, whether you are searching for a molding device to form your burgers into the perfect patty or a flat iron to help evenly cook your burger, bacon, or prepare sandwiches. Most models produce the ideal professional-looking grill marks, making your burgers and other foods more appealing while producing a tasty and savory dish.
Hopefully, all of the information that we have provided in these reviews, such as:
- Materials used in construction
- Ability to produce grill marks
- Stay-cool handle
- Primary area of usage
- And other qualities that distinguish the press have been helpful!
We hope that these qualities have helped you determine which burger press is the best for you today. We hope we were able to assist you in finding the best approach to cook your perfect burger!
Last update on 2022-04-30 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API